Climate Change & Global Warming

Atomic

How important is Global Warming to you in the Grand Scheme of Things?  

246 members have voted

1. 1. How important is Global Warming to you in the Grand Scheme of Things?

• Give me a break, I've enough on my plate
    • I suppose there's something in it, but it's for the Politicians/Corporations/Those in power to sort out
    • Yes I think it is important and I try to do my bit.
    • If we don't stop it, the Planet dies in a few years, it's as simple as that.
    • I think it is all hype and not half as bad as they make out
    • I don't know what to think

This poll is closed to new votes

This is a good place to start.

realclimate is not an objective site though.

What!? RealClimate is run by actual climate scientists who do actual climate science, as opposed to ClimateAudit or Wattsupwiththat which are run by amateurs and financed by the fossil fuel industry.

I go to realclimate to find out the latest science. I go to ClimateAudit or Wattsupwiththat to find out what the bought and paid for lying liars are lying about this week. You don't actually take those liars seriously do you, crofter?

Actually, I know you do, crofter. If I want to know what you're going to bring up today, I just look at what the liars wrote yesterday.

Tell you what, crofter, why don't you go and find something on RealClimate which has been proved wrong, and then find out where the authors didn't immediately admit they were wrong.

Then do the same for your sources. :twisted:

If it is really so serious why are they not saying , only one car per household , 25 litres of petrol a week , no power between 2300 and 0700 i could go on and on with real measures like this and if I was in charge and believed what they say to us they beieve these measures would be happening now.

Because, if they did, people like you, Gorgo, would boot them out of office and do nothing, and the world would go to hell anyway.

Actually, I know you do, crofter.

Watts is as evangelical as realclimate, McIntyre is probably more credible but I find his blog style kindof boring so rarely read it. I have no idea whether he is financed by oil/energy interests or not... do you have any proof that he is? I honestly don't know how much effect co2 will have in the future, but I do know that we are kidding ourselves if we think we can somehow control the climate on a global scale. As a livestock producer, additional co2 and a little global warming is very good for me - more grass, more beef, more money to put diesel in my 4x4, more co2, more warming, more food for the grass, more beef.... hows that for a positive feedback? 8)

Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as his North Pole sums don't add up

There are many kinds of truth. Al Gore was poleaxed by an inconvenient one yesterday.

The former US Vice-President, who became an unlikely figurehead for the green movement after narrating the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth, became entangled in a new climate change “spin†row.

Mr Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Mr Gore told the conference: “These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years.â€

However, the climatologist whose work Mr Gore was relying upon dropped the former Vice-President in the water with an icy blast.

“It’s unclear to me how this figure was arrived at,†Dr Maslowski said. “I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.â€

Mr Gore’s office later admitted that the 75 per cent figure was one used by Dr Maslowksi as a “ballpark figure†several years ago in a conversation with Mr Gore

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece

Ballpark figure?!?.....just about sums it up. How many more 'ballpark' figures have been used to try and bolster the 'man made climate change' scaremongering over the past few years?

I would happily live with a lot of real measures to reduce mankinds consumption of natural resources in the hope of leaving more of the planets natural habitat untouched .

http://www.dailyexpress.co.uk/posts/view/146138

I've been through the list in the Express.

Two of the "reasons", nos 54 and 86 are relevant, but all they reveal is there is still some uncertainty in the science.

All the rest are either irrelevant to the science or simply wrong.

Well done, Gorgo. That's an seriously impressive pile of steaming manure you've uncovered there. 'bout what I'd expect from the Express. :wink:

Inconvenient truth for Al Gore as his North Pole sums don't add up

There are many kinds of truth. Al Gore was poleaxed by an inconvenient one yesterday.

The former US Vice-President, who became an unlikely figurehead for the green movement after narrating the Oscar-winning documentary An Inconvenient Truth, became entangled in a new climate change “spin†row.

Mr Gore, speaking at the Copenhagen climate change summit, stated the latest research showed that the Arctic could be completely ice-free in five years.

In his speech, Mr Gore told the conference: “These figures are fresh. Some of the models suggest to Dr [Wieslav] Maslowski that there is a 75 per cent chance that the entire north polar ice cap, during the summer months, could be completely ice-free within five to seven years.â€

However, the climatologist whose work Mr Gore was relying upon dropped the former Vice-President in the water with an icy blast.

“It’s unclear to me how this figure was arrived at,†Dr Maslowski said. “I would never try to estimate likelihood at anything as exact as this.â€

Mr Gore’s office later admitted that the 75 per cent figure was one used by Dr Maslowksi as a “ballpark figure†several years ago in a conversation with Mr Gore

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6956783.ece

Ballpark figure?!?.....just about sums it up. How many more 'ballpark' figures have been used to try and bolster the 'man made climate change' scaremongering over the past few years?

Wow Pleepsie! A scientist has a conversation with a public figure, a few years later the public figure repeats something the scientist said, but gets it wrong.....

And that disproves the entire body of climate science!

Well done, have yourself a Nobel Prize. :roll:

Two of the "reasons", nos 54 and 86 are relevant, but all they reveal is there is still some uncertainty in the science.

Maybe not what you might describe as "settled" then? :wink:

Actually, I'm pretty sure 54 is wrong too (and was shown to be wrong years ago), and 86 was about something I've never heard of so I would have to look it up.

Edit: 86 just doesn't make any sense, actually. I can't figure out what they're trying to say.

What, like the one Gore got for ' efforts to build up and disseminate greater knowledge about man-made climate change'?

Yeah, just like that, I always thought Gore's Nobel was a joke (just like Obama's recent effort, getting a Nobel prize just for not being Bush.)

I never uncovered anything , I am just another nerdy geek sticking some more ideas on the climate change topic on this chat forum .

By the way prince charles is just giving a very good speech on sky tv.

And whilst i may be a nerdy geek , i am certain you are an equal or perhaps bigger geeky nerd mr A. Terra and dont really have a clue about what you are talking about.