Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anybody reply to Yell's advert in da paper?, what were the terms and conditions? do you get a free peat stack whan u sign on, and a profit related bonus of a bag o peats for every win?

Sorry, due to being outside the northern hemisphere at the moment I have been unable to see last weeks advert. However what were the criteria for this prestigious and desired position in Yell's first team?

(** MOD EDIT **)

- Must be able to drive car ( not bus as travelling as a TEAM to a game would be unthinkable)?

(** MOD EDIT **)

- *Must have at least two legs (open to all mammals - sheep preferably)

- And Finally, must provide own equipment i.e own chair to sit on while segregated as a new race in the hilltop?!

*If specification met guaranteed place in squad at least.

I am intrigued. Are there any other criteria for this advert out there??? Anyway YellFC, full marks for effort ( and desperation)! :lol:

:roll: Yet another childish "tongue-in-cheek" adolescent jibe serving no purpose other than to put me ever closer to locking this thread since I'm becoming very tired from constantly looking over it.

Play sensible, with respect, and try to have an "adult" conversation or lose the privilege - simple!

Way to go guys!

score was 1-1 we took lead through scott morrison and whalsay levelled with 3 mins left through ross irvine.

whalsay were only missing richard arthur so we were very pleased with the performance seeings now we are a lot younger team with our 3rd oldest player being 24 and our oldest is only 28.

we brought on 16 and 18yr olds in second half while they brought on ian simpson and michael williamson 8O

Thistle played well enough last night but I wouldn't read too much into these pre-season games. Was only a 70 minute game and Thistle were holding out a bit towards the end of the game. Some decent performances from the younger guys however.

I fully expect Whalsay to be Deltings only realistic challengers for the league but Thistle are indeed not a team to be underestimated. They should be capable of getting results against the majority of the teams in the league and if the "big two" get a bit complacent on the night then a minor shock may be on the cards.

Roll on the 20th April.