Scottish Pubs

JAStewart

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha....come to think of it, the Lorne Bar in Aberdeen is defo just like the bar in Star Wars!! Remember being in there on a Sunday afternoon with a jazz band playing, all the local down n outs were there in fancy dress slurping down their £1 double nips washed down by blue wkd. Priceless.

Aberdeen city centre doesn't really have much going for it any more...full of the same pretentious bars that have taken over Embra (beluga, soul etc etc). Maybe am just getting too old :cry:

Not many Edinburgh bars been mentioned yet so here are a few.

Robbies down Leith Walk serves up a nice pint and some good banter!!

Boda down Leith Walk, I would say that this is more of a wine bar but still is serves up a good pint!! It is a nice cosy little bar with sofas and comfy chairs try it if you get a chance!!

The Last Drop at the Grassmarket really nice pub more of a traditional bar and serves up a good palte of haggis neaps and tatties!! Yum Yum Yum!!

Black Bo's just off Clark Street (cant remember the street name :oops: ) really cool little pub definately worth a visit the kind of pub that you dont want to leave!!

Got lots more but dont want to make myself look like a alchi!! :D :D

• 3 weeks later...

Many of the traditional bars will die a death now that the regulars can't smoke in them. They wil just stay home with a much cheaper carry oot!

That is no bad thing, especially in Cities where these bigoted "theme bars" are situated. Been in a few and they really are the lowest. Anyone frequenting bars like Bairds or The Louden Tavern are just as bad as those who run them.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Blyde to hear you're keeping my auld haunts warm Bryan - I take it next stop was Gilmour Street? - not much else in Paisley worth drinking in.

Heading west though, you tried the Fox and Hounds in Houston? - the old bit, not the red brick desert that now bears the name. Fantastic for a spot of lunch and a pint.