New Museum & Archives

RickB

i do think it a disgrace that the folk in browns received invites to look around the museum, and to the do tonight, but the ones that have suffered the most as a result of the building of the new museum, the folk in commercial road, have not received an invete, to any of todays events, shows what the sic and amenity trust think of their immedaite neghbours

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

Thought I wid go fur a look at da new museum today but was told i wisna allowed in until big lugs and horse face had been taken for a tour.

What the f*ck was that stuffed coo aboot. Why not have a most embarrassing thing you can find about living on an island in the north sea and elect it as our emblem. Christ they might as well twin us with Stonybridge.

http://img517.imageshack.us/img517/6979/746pxmuseumopening3jpgjw5.jpg

Love me, love me coo.

What made me really angry, that was this obvious (that's to say visible in the webcam) SIC attitude of "Sorry, YMs, but Shetland has not enough Right Honorables to fill this little pier/terrace. But we tried our best to secure you from that crowd on the pier on the other side of the basin."

Would make a nice Smirk Cartoon ... ;-)

^^^ I wouldn't have minded so much if the coo been a kinda decent laekly specimen of the breed, but een lookin laek yun widna dun weel idda Marts ring.

I suppose, though, they didn't want to risk a stuffed Shetland Pony, in case they caused Mrs Wales offence.

Guest Anonymous

Hoo Noo, Stuffed Coo :D

Question is,, Who stuffed da coo :?: ... And I mean that as a technical question, not a sexual one.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Da Auld Een

Hoo Noo, Stuffed Coo :D

Question is,, Who stuffed da coo :?: ... And I mean that as a technical question, not a sexual one.. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Cheers,

Da Auld Een

Maybe da sam een is stuffed da grice....Taxidermists maybe do discounts for bulk orders too. :P

I winder what poor beggar'll hae the job o' takin da stoor affa da coo though? Naethin muckle idder dan a coo's tongue or a day a rain can duh da job richt.

The museum is well worth a look. Had a look around today through voluntary work (im in a yellow hi-vis vest on opposite side of hays dock in one of the pictures on Shetlopedia). Though I would suggest trying to wait until it is a bit quieter. I couldnt see much due to the crowd milling around.

I plan to go back for a good look around but il wait until the summer seasons over so that its quieter.

lucky you. i have lived in the museaums back yard for the last 2 yeas, had to suffer both air and noise pollution from the building work, and we have not had the chance to look around the place yet. but then i suppose as acouncil tax paying member of the public, i dont have the right to visit the place