150 windmills later it could be titled;

"Gone On The Wind"

:wink:

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

It's crossed my mind that the history of Shetlands oil cash, how it was won, invested, and where it's all gone would make an interesting read.

Methinks that's a job for an author such as Dr Jonathan Wills. :wink:

It's crossed my mind that the history of Shetlands oil cash, how it was won, invested, and where it's all gone would make an interesting read.

Remember you only hear about the failures. There have been many businesses over the years that have had loans and repaid them plus interest.

But you have to ask yourselves why did the banks recover their money and not us.

could it be that the banks asked for some kind of security before they doled out the money,

I'm sure that messers Goodlad and Grains have the £207grand still owed in fact Alistair goodlad just had his house rebuilt to be more in keeping with his brothers house at the other side of the voe, take it of him sell it and we would go a fair way to getting something back from this deal.

After all if he can afford a house like that???????????

If a buisness is so good that it is worth investing in the folk that are persuading us to part with our money should at least be willing to put up or shut up

odd that in 2007 that they could afford to spend 210,000 on the chapel site but had no money to repay the development trust. there is a problem somewhere with them or the debt recovery folks on the trust.

It seems wrong to just walk away from a community debt. Maybe a new rule for the trust that no loan can be granted until the last one has been cleared. I'm sure that there are ways to prevent this happening again.

Maybe the Shetland Devolopment Trust should have a blacklist of individuals who consistantly come to the council looking for handouts. Anyone who fails to repay what is owed to the people of Shetland should be put on said list and refused further aid until the debt is cleared. After all this is YOUR money these individuals are taking whithout any recourse and by what I can see in this forum they are living the high life while a lot of locals are struggling to survive.