The great Ivor Cutler R.I.P.

AndyVocoustic

Anyone see the Docu on BBC4 a few months back?

It showed footage from his last ever concert in Edinburgh and he didnt look too well. Not a huge surprise but still a sad day....

2 of my favourite Cutler lines:

"An old man sat at the top of a tree and he sang in a voice like milk!"

"Mother was also very informative; "Look! ... a patch of grass!"

Andy 8O

Which album was those tunes on. Is it the same one that has the "A man had woolen eyes, he couldn't see very well"

I lent mine to somebody years ago and never saw it again (if you're reading this, giz it back)

Which album was those tunes on. Is it the same one that has the "A man had woolen eyes, he couldn't see very well"

I lent mine to somebody years ago and never saw it again (if you're reading this, giz it back)

Jammy Smears

• 9 months later...

Thot I would dig this thread out as there is a tribute next friday (12th) in The Lemon Tree, Aberdeen!

Check the line up. Should be very surreal, funny, humbling, enjoyable night! :? :lol:

It all for charity too! (full details below)

----

Interesting Music and the Lemon Tree present:

Beautiful Cosmos: The Words and Music of Ivor Cutlerfeaturing:

King Creosote

Michael Marra

Alasdair Roberts

Adrian Crowley

John Cavanagh

Tom Morton

The Holy Folks

Kathryn Sawers

Compered by Alan Davidson (Kitchen Cynics) and Mike Napier and more to be announced

Friday 12th January

£10 (£6.75 concessions and Regulars

Doors open: 8pm Show starts: 9pm

This year, we’ve decided to extend our usual fun-filled tribute event in memory of former Lemon Tree DJ and opinionated scenester John Gillan to two very different though strongly connected nights. We celebrate three iconic artists who passed away in 2006 - Ivor Cutler, Arthur Lee and Syd Barrett - all favourites of John’s and who embodied his love of eccentric and highly individual artists. John was instrumental in bringing Ivor Cutler to Aberdeen for two unforgettable performances in the mid 90’s as part of the Alternative Festival while Arthur Lee played twice to a rapturous reception at The Lemon Tree in recent years. Like John, Ivor, Arthur and Syd will be sadly missed.

All ticket income from John Gillan Weekender shows goes directly to Roxburghe House hospice where John was cared for towards the end of his life

A multitude of artists come together to pay homage to one of Scotland’s greatest ever creative talents in song and spoken word and to celebrate his birthday (15th January) A familiar and unforgettable voice on BBC TV and radio since the late 1950’s, Ivor recorded more John Peel sessions than any other act except The Fall, and was cast by fans Lennon and McCartney as the busdriver Buster Bloodvessel in Magical Mystery Tour.

The evening will also be an ideal introduction to those unfamiliar with the great man’s idiosyncratic style.

www.ivorcutler.org