• No
    • Dont Know

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yet more rip-off pricing from Flybe.

I tried to change the return leg of a ticket flying to Edinburgh from morning to afternoon.

Ended up phoning their Customer Services 10p a minute line because you can't change part-used return tickets online. Nowhere on their less than impressive website does it tell you this either.

Anyway, the website quoted £25 to change a ticket time. The Customer Service Rep quoted me £130.

I decided not to change the ticket.

I tried to change the return leg of a ticket flying to Edinburgh from morning to afternoon.

Ended up phoning their Customer Services 10p a minute line because you can't change part-used return tickets online. Nowhere on their less than impressive website does it tell you this either.

Anyway, the website quoted £25 to change a ticket time. The Customer Service Rep quoted me £130.

Suggest you email zettrans@shetland.gov.uk and let them know of your experience. They previously asked for Flybe experiences prior to a meeting with Flybe.

i had a similar problem yesterday while booking flights.

needed to call them as there was a problem after i'd booked my flight online. looked up phone numbers and all i found was a number that was a £1 a minute.

i did see a landline number that you were to use if you were having problems abroad with flights. so i called that one instead

i've just been on to saynoto0870 website and typed in flybe and it comes up with a lot of alternative landline numbers:

http://www.saynoto0870.com/companysearch.php

does anyone know if this is possible - when we fly south i normally go first with our daughter so we can visit then my boyfriend comes down at a later date but we return home together. when i've booked this in the past i've had to go in book ours first then go back in and book his sepearte. is there any way that i can just book different flights in one booking? rather than having to enter all the details in twice

Suggest you email zettrans@shetland.gov.uk and let them know of your experience. They previously asked for Flybe experiences prior to a meeting with Flybe.

Will do, cheers.

Last week I went on to flybe to price flights for me and hubby return shetland to glasgow and the total quoted was £270. We thought this was brilliant and discussed times and dates to fit in with holidays fae work and flights further afield and when I went on again to book the sum had risen so I looked at leaving a day earlier and whooo hooo we got for £33 each way along with tax the total was £198 but we had to pay £8 to use our credit card, this made the total £206.

I don't agree with the credit card charge but if anything goes wrong I'll get money back as I payed with my card.

I think complaining about Flybe is not really addressing the REAL issues! Flybe's practices are just pretty much the same as all the other airlines. All the airlines want their cake and eati it too.

1. If you cancel a flight, unless it's an extortionately priced full-fare, you can't get your money back. This means that airlines can then sell that seat again - getting TWICE the money for it.

2. Why does the price get higher the closer to a date it gets? Last year I booked flights from Shetland via London to Munich costing £230. When a friend came to do the same the prices were TEN times that amount.

3. Why are there so much different prices. Trains are the same.

4. Of course, one Flybe specific complaint (and I'm sure it was the same with BA) is that ADS fares are non-cancellable!!

JustMe said

Mostly when I buy something on the internet I am protected by the distance selling directive so why not when I buy travel?.

sorry don't quite get that, JustMe

Surely you don't have to buy a ticket unless you agree to the price and terms and conditions?

If the airline fails to meet the conditions then you have a right to ask for your money back or go the the governing body the caa's "ATOL."

However FlyBe pricing like any other cheap airline should be made to be more obvious- for those of us that don't read the small print!

There are an awful lot of cheap tickets being sold, but to get one, is either a matter of luck, or having a bit of foresight and flexibility! Its dearer to fly on Mondays and Fridays for instance. (Usually)

We have no competition as even BA has dumped us. Yes BA pulled out, they are gone! They may be gone from Aberdeen shortly as well -rumour has it.

So unless we nationalise the airlines we are in the hands of Market Forces.

• 2 months later...

Flybe coming to shetland, unless you're on the first flight and the slack jawed knobs cancel your flight and let the flight after yours leave in it's place.

7 damn hours sat in Aberdeen airport then they call the flight after mine and tell us that ours had been cancelled, no apology, no explanation and I have to write for a refund. But they did offer to get me a bus to the boat but not pay for my ticket.

Never once treated that badly by BA. Total shambles I'll wait to see what response I get to my letter of complaint.

Guest Anonymous

^^Simple solution.

Don't bother tying to get to Shetland.

Flybe will be happy with that, as they don't give a **** for anybody.

:wink: :lol:

Another example of why the greetin Shetland population, who demand constantly cheaper services, end up with no service at all.

A'm Geeng :lol:

That isn't a solution, the solution is to make sure the only company who provide the service improve the service. I had no problem paying BA more for the same flights because in all my dealings with them no matter where I have flown they have been respectful to me even when occasionally things went wrong. Flybe after their behaviour yesterday did show as you said no regard for anyone as long as they got their money.

Guest Anonymous

¨^^you may have had no problem paying BA prices for a decent service. But Shetlanders, as usual, wanted the cheapest service possible. That's what they've got now.. :wink: