How do you get your National and Internationl insights?

Rasmie

Where do you get your world news?  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Where do you get your world news?

• I get mine from TV/Radio/Internet news programmes
    • I read the Sun
    • I read the Guardian
    • I read another broadsheet or tabloid
    • I get mine in the bar about the nights
    • Who cares

Where do "people" really get their information on national and global events?

What source can we rely on?

To my limited knowledge a lot of peoples insight into the world comes from the Red Tops (Sun etc.)

Maybe they are as good a source as any?

Who's to say

BBC News 24 and Sky News almost neck and neck with 3.3million viewers per week.

News of the World, 3,470,000

The Sun 3,148,000

Daily Mail 2,340,000

PER DAY

;)

as to what you can rely on, only believe what you see first hand. Take everything else with a pinch of salt!

^I suspect not, but until you see them first hand with your own eyes how can you ever be sure?

I could tick all the above boxes with the exception of 'the Sun'. Only problem is, when I do get any British newspapers they're usually several weeks out of date, so I guess option one is nearest to the truth for me.

JAS, you really know how to take things completely out of context don't you.....that said, what Med replied was completely correct.

it's the old "if a tree falls in the woods with no witnesses does it make a noise"

of course it does, but who can confirm it? so there's a slight possiblity it doesn't.....

I read all the papers I can when I get time, watch all the TV news channels the same, but the best source of news, from friends and associates from around the world who tell me whats happening in their neighbourhood/work/etc.

Since the internet came along, it got a lot cheaper to just ask someone in another country whats happening there, as such forums can be a good source of news.

Whilst I used to be an avid reader of a wide range of papers, most of my "news" definitely now comes from the internet, with a small percentage from the radio while driving.

The big advantage of the internet as a news source, for me, is the ease of seeing several reports and making better judgement of any given situation, rather than relying on one persons viewpoint.

Obviously this doesn't apply in every case, but it's nice to have the option.

Talking to online friends from affected area's has also proved very enlighening over the years.

Can't really answer the poll, as it won't allow multiple answers - and I'm saying that on a day when I've been published in the Guardian (paper), Independent and Daily Mail (!) (websites), not to mention a post or two on Shetlink. But I include shortwave radio and the internet (for a fair global perspective), the BBC (for headlines), the Guardian and Indy (for intelligent writing) ... and I still think the world's going stark, staring mad, so I seem to be getting a fairly accurate picture.