Pig flu and Shetland

paulb

As you say Njugle "superbly executed"

But me

I more worried about the Ostrich Flu.

You know the kind that most of our councillors have!.

You cant miss the main symptom.

Standing, but with your head buried in the sand,while passing big golden eggs. That break open to reveal wads of cash, for silly ideas. And the only cure, is to have there necks rung like they did to hens

• Replies 368
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats parents views on giving your children between 6 months and 5 years the swine flu jab? Our girl is 6 and our boy is 5 months so luckily we dont have to think about it in the mean time, just wondered what other parents views were?

I have 3 children 11+ and one 14 months old , I wont be letting any of them have it. Far too much being said about it , and yes I know what Paul says and that 'experts recommend' but I think it boils down to if you trust authority/gov or not ..do I ..not a chance, the medics say what they are TOLD to say. Gather all your facts and make an informed choice.

KOYAANISQATSI

I'm not sure but if your injured by a vaccine there is a government payment. the companies would only be liable if they messed up. the side effects of the flu jab are known. there are always unlucky people who react worse than others. if you have had the normal flu vaccine before then you should be fine. remember the long term damage from a very bad case of flu/swine flu can be bad as well.

Auld Rasmie i don't think i am trying to scare anyone. if you need the jab then you should get it. being scared of having it by rumour is dangerous.

lots of the nurses were not going to have it because an expert warned them it was not safe. when they got the first case in that expert was the first to have it. so most of the nurses have had or will have it. but in the end its up to every one to make there mind up.

Tell that to the 1960s Thalidomide drug scandal victims who have just all these years LATER got compensation...that was safe too ..so they said.

I'm fairly sure I would decline the vaccine if the offer arrived. Had a bad experience 2 years ago when I took my daughter for her pre school booster. All was well until 6pm when I received a call from the nurse who administered the vaccine telling me that she was sorry to tell me that she had given my daughter the wrong vaccine!!! It was awful extremely upsetting for me and knocked my confidence in the health board entirely. Feel sick just thinking about it all again. :0(

We're not going to give our little boy (2y 2mth) the vaccination and I wouldn't have it myself. I'm very cycnical about the whole swine flu carry on never mind the vacinations.

Anyhow according to the wonderful mysteries of telephone diagnosis all 3 of us had it months back before we even came up here and it wasn't that bad, if that's what it actually was :roll:

He's had all his other kids vacinations though.

Kev