North mainland B&B query

daveh

Having moved to Cunningsburgh some 14 months ago, I thought it was about time that I got to know the North mainland more than I currently do. What is is the most northerly B&B on the mainland? I have noticed the Almara in Urafirth via Google but wondered if there is a more northerly mainland B&B than that. I was thinking of having a one-night stay so that my wife and I could have two days exploring the area.

Any suggestions?

Glad you're wanting to venture north, daveh. Yep, as far as I know, Almara in Urafirth (nr Hillswick) is the only B&B in Northmavine at the moment - you've perhaps highlighted a need there! Marcia & Alistair are brilliant hosts - ring Marcia on 01806 503 261, although I think they're pretty well booked for the season. They've also got a self catering chalet behind the house, so that's another possibility.

The Booth in Hillswick used to do B&B - that would have to be checked to see whether they're doing it at the moment - 01806 503348. > I did it years ago to help some Swedes but I'm kinda busy with other stuff at the moment! ;) For self catering in North Roe, there is Faa - http://www.northmavine.com/faa.htm - although they may well be booked. Ring Iwona on 01806 533217.

There's a possibility you might either get someone to do B&B informally in North Roe or there's a possible self catering cottage but no definites for those.

For info on where to stay in Northmavine - go to http://www.northmavine.com. In the menu, choose Tourist Info -> Where to stay - and it's all listed there. >

If you want to pursue North Roe options and need help, either ring me on 01806 503363 or pm and I'll make some enquiries for you and pass you on to the right people.