Why Can't I Get A Job With A Mossbank Postcode?

Mattie

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous
:shock: Head lice are purely a matter of personal hygene - anyone thinking otherwise clearly has at least one screw loose,

Since I know I've got several screws louse, I'll ask the obvious questions:

Isn't it a case that head lice don't discriminate between clean and dirty hair?

&

Aren't all schools bothered with the problem from time to time?

Having said that, if parents don't take the responsibility to clear the nits from themselves or their children, then the problem keeps coming back. So it's more a case of laziness on the part of some folk, rather than personal hygiene.

BTW, never had the little pests,, not enough hair,, but I remember the schools sending out warning notices several times a year.

Methinks there is more than a slight tinge of jelousy behind a few of the more recent posts :wink:

Yer, I want headlice too!

These little hoppers will always be around..

The eggs can remain in a discarded folical and if you are unlucky!!!!

But you can be immaculate and still get em....

Have you seen how much the treatments are, some folk cannot always afford them , but, a nit comb is cheep, and relatively easy to use.

Better than shaving and covering in DDT

:shock: Head lice are purely a matter of personal hygene - anyone thinking otherwise clearly has at least one screw loose,

Since I know I've got several screws louse, I'll ask the obvious questions:

Isn't it a case that head lice don't discriminate between clean and dirty hair?

&

Aren't all schools bothered with the problem from time to time?

Having said that, if parents don't take the responsibility to clear the nits from themselves or their children, then the problem keeps coming back. So it's more a case of laziness on the part of some folk, rather than personal hygiene.

BTW, never had the little pests,, not enough hair,, but I remember the schools sending out warning notices several times a year.

Pretty sure thats a thing of the past, not PC anymore to let the parents know their kids might get afflicted.

its not PC anymore to exclude the kid with the nits until they have been treated mossbank school is no different than any other you get outbreaks of the orrid things. Mossbank is one of the bigger schools outside town so more kids more heads and the risk of more lice. By the way one of ours caught them in two years in mossbank yet two of them caught them in skeld. its just luck.

i would not rely on the nit lotions anymore most are useless. if your kid is a boy a number 1 or 2 cut and a good nit combing should get rid of them. girls with long curly hair are a pain two weeks of wet combing.

the problem is very mild compared to the south you would expect to get them 2 or 3 times a year. they were also bigger. don't know why.

by the way in England the schools are not allowed to check the kids hair unless they have parental consent. at the kids old school it was the kids with the constant wildlife problem that refused to have them checked.

mossbank and firth are both fine. much better than a lot of places in town. crime is a lot less than lerwick. now if were going to pick on areas we need to look at them.

i thought personal attacks were against the terms and conditions. the guy was asking a question one that was told to the wife by a number of her work mates when we moved up here and lived there. that you will never get jobs with an address in firth. This is just a townie view i suspect but then anyone who lives in the country is suspect to them.

now its true if your going to go to interviews with the idea that your going to not get it then you won't. if you have a problem getting paid work try doing some unpaid work in the area you want too work you will then stand a much better chance at getting work.

Guest Anonymous

..but I remember the schools sending out warning notices several times a year.

Pretty sure thats a thing of the past, not PC anymore to let the parents know their kids might get afflicted.

Could be, but I'm just thinking back 3 years. I'm sure it still happens, but likely a deal between the schools and the manufacturers of the treatments, :wink:

the guy was asking a question one that was told to the wife by a number of her work mates when we moved up here and lived there. that you will never get jobs with an address in firth. This is just a townie view i suspect but then anyone who lives in the country is suspect to them.

Well done for bringing the thread back on topic. The fact is in my case, (Asi think i've said before but aint gonna read back now) I moved to Firth because of my job, in common with quite a lot of people round here.

Lets not forget ZE2 covers everything north of Lerwick, so its a pretty big area the OP was on about :D

Indeed, due to its location on the North Isles bus routes, Firth probably has the best public transport commuter service in Shetland. I know when I've been without a vehicle it was easy to get a bus to fit in. If only I had the luxury of that option normally..

It is about time the Council started putting money into the area and providing the kids with decent play parks or a regular bus service for all to use to and from Lerwick.

I dont see anything wrong with the bus service or the play parks. At the end of the day, Shetland is full of small communities, each one wanting better play parks or better bus services. There is not enough demand to justify more busses and in my opinion the play parks and amenities throughout shetland are fantastic given the small number of people they service.

we get one bus each way. great people who run it. the mossbank bus is ok. but a more planned out service like they are planning for the west side. say feeders to brae from all over the north and the a frequant bus service to lerwick. this would help prevent empty bus runs.

I asked at work about this and there are some companies who do use the postal code system to select candidates for interviews.

The official speel is to check the address matches the postcode, cos as you may know, you only need a house number and the post code to send a letter.

But there will be some, because the system is open to abuse, who will use the post code to select folk from more favourable (in their eyes, as an employer) to the job advertised....

This can be discrimination, but extreemly hard to evidence...