pushchair/car seat buying in Shetland

Hollian

Can anyone offer any words of wisdom/experience of buying in Shetland/getting delivered from mainland?

I plan to buy a pushchair (9 months +) that can face the parent and face out as well, anyone used one of these?

I think the car seat (9 months +) should be fairly straight forward, but any tips would be super.

Now I'm away to trawl the internet for ideas too!

I bought our pushchair from Andersons and was surprised at the range they have upstairs. Anything from Mama's & Papa's is there. Mothercare also are very good for delivery free of charge if spending more than £150.00

On your other post we have a Tomy carrier but I don't like it looking for something better as you can release your child without taking them out there are others on the market that you can release your child and leave them sleeping on their own part of the harness. till looking though as I have a 54" chest and hard to find 1 that will fit me lmao!

I really would reccomend buying the car seat locally to ensure it is fitted (and fits) properly.

Wherever you buy it from they will fit it in your car and give you a quick run through. It may seem needless, but some little tip you pick up may be worth more than you know in the long run.

Price differences really are minimal and we often found Andersons and Harrys cheaper than getting items delivered from Mothercare etc.

Wherever you buy it from they will fit it in your car and give you a quick run through. It may seem needless, but some little tip you pick up may be worth more than you know in the long run.

Think you will find they will fit it to show you how to do it then take it out and get you to fit it. This is due to liability issues.

If you like a particular car seat if you ring Kiddicare they have a car manual which tells you which car seat model fits which design of cars that they stock well they used to anyway so its worth checking just by email or phonecall excellent customer service and excellent prices too nothing too much problem.