Calais debacle

Windycity

Gibber...i knew it'd only take a gentle cast of a softbait to bring your blubbering lips into this arena.

You should be studied at great length. Truly you are a fascinating creature. Easy to see your nothing more than an armchair commentator. Have you ever been to any of the places you so readily want to open your doors to? (This doesnt include 2 week backpacking trips to Morocco or looking for your inner Chi in the foothills of Nepal)

Do you not realise that it takes more than 10 minutes to re-educate someone, both intellectually and culturally? You want to open the floodgates and give everyone the power of a vote, when they are still filled with distress, vengeful thoughts, and often hate.

As an expat having lived overseas for 10 years, im no expert, but I do have some insight into the behaviour of people from some of these places. Dont get me wrong, i lived in the largest muslim nation in the world for 6 years, and am tolerant (had to be or I would have been doused in petrol and burnt).

Do you honestly believe that when the Islam minority becomes the majority, tolerance will be one of their virtues? I was recently in Lombok, Indonesia, this Ramadan - and went into Mataram town for lunch. I was not allowed to eat where i purchased my food. Curtains were drawn and I was rushed out of the place as soon as my purchase was made. The year before the same place was burnt to the ground and the employees beaten.

Now.....how about if i'd started spruking off about Christianity there and started handing out Bibles? One word - DEATH.

I wont be swayed by your type until youve been downtown Tehran and started preaching christianity on the streets.

[***mod edit - personal insults removed, please refer to the T&Cs before posting any further comments***]

Awaiting your response with baited (man) breath

Me

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It does seem a bit of a familiar tone, but may be more of an inteligent overtone...but me no expert and it could be a one off..

And it does go against T & Cs....

Although Gibber can promote some colourful and sometimes exciting posts, there is no need to speculate on his/her private life and wish harm...

There are similarities in this post to others.....

Time will tell, and so will alcohol...

We have a choice to visit these countries, we don't go to them on pain of death as some of their national have been brought to the "civilized" world, held captive and brutilised...

And folk have a diferent way of life, and belief. If you were to wake up every morning not knowing if you will survive through to dusk, your attitude WILL change...

As do the way folks on the outside change their thoughts, when driving...

Again tho, this trade that happens with souls is completley wrong...

Tis slavery in the 21st C

Guest Anonymous

Hi there everyone!

I’m new in town but I’ve been following Gibber’s clever posts for ages and all I can say is phwoar! I’m a hot bird with big knockers, and as we all know the brain is the most powerful of the sex organs which means his well voiced opinions are a cast lead guarantee that he can have it right off with me anytime.

If that boy’s gay or impotent or a twat then I’m a Dutchman! (and I’m not!)

X

Ps I think Gaddafi is right and we should give back 7 trillion dollars to Africa

http://english.aljazeera.net/news/americas/2009/09/200992452543821925.html

lipper has been deleted.

Anyone found sock-puppeting from this moment onwards with more than one username will have all accounts deleted. Period!

Do you not understand this place was created to assist people to "share information, share resources and communicate ideas". By creating multiple accounts and talking to yourselves you are destroying the community spirit that can be achieved from this technology!

Shame :roll:

Lets not ruin everything for the majority!

I apologise if anyone was actually under the impression that a "...hot bird with big knockers..." would let me "have it right off" with them based on my Shetlink posts. PM me if you are though, any reason in fact.

No deception intended, only amusement in reply to personal insults from what may have been someone already registered using a new ID.

Easy to see your nothing more than an armchair commentator. Have you ever been to any of the places you so readily want to open your doors to?

I haven't been to any country that is predominately muslim, I have met and in some cases made friends with many people from a number of middle east muslim countries who are fluent in English through my job.

And because of my family connections I am probably far more aware and concerned of the immediate threat of governments/states of a fundamentalist nature than you and your immigrant fears.

If you had the inclination to look you would see that I'm far from the type of person to blindly accept what is wrong in the name of cultural difference and tolerance like you seem to be claiming.

In reply to another poster on that very same issue.

You don’t think we can make moral judgements on the dictatorships of the Middle East? We can’t justify an assessment of a government that denies the vote to women along with their right to drive a car?

You can only stretch cultural differences so far. At some point morality trumps accepting cultural differences. The problem with your argument is you will go very far when talking about Islamic cultures yet will make moral pronouncements at the drop of a hat regarding democracies like Israel the US and Europe. How far do you need to go when talking about Islamic dictatorships?

Your tiny mind now probably sees my position as an unsolvable paradox. Let me show you where you are going wrong. No charge.

As an expat having lived overseas for 10 years, im no expert...

It takes a special kind of short sightedness to claim that you need to visit or even live in a Muslim country before you can have an informed opinion on it and then after 10 years of actually doing so, self evidently demonstrate no apprehension of the difference between fundamental and moderate Islam.

PROUD NATIONAL TRYING TO TURN THE TIDE OF LETHARGY THAT THIS NATION HAS LET SWEEP OVER IT

Go back to the BNP thread for a snapshot of how people like you who are still mouthing off about rivers of blood are generally perceived nowadays. You talk of lethargy? Its the laziest thing in the world to label a whole group of people as simplistically as you do.

Because of this you are far more proud of your nation is, than it is of you.

who is the old user i am supoosed to be? please share.

id like to read his/her old posts.

you cant handle a few loose words on this forum Gibber, but you can handle having your country walked all over? hmmm, like i said, you are indeed a very special creature.

a look at the time of my posts should indicate right now that im on the other side of the wrld at work right now, does this other poster im supoosed to be also post at these times?

you never replied to the questions i posed by the way.

xxx

Neither do I. We are endlessly being fed the line that "Democracy" is souper-douper and that the more the better. The truth is that "Democracy" is not a single clear system, but rather a general principle. Sometimes democratic elections lead to unspeakable persecution, remember Adolf was democratically and popularly elected.

Democracy dosen't decide what’s right and wrong. Democracy decides who governs; and indeed democracy has a certain moral validity in itself in that it gives everyone the chance to have their say, but it doesn't decide what’s right and wrong.

Its an important distinction, I wouldn't trust myself to have a meaningful opinion on a lot of major issues because I know I don't have enough knowledge. We can't count on others knowing they don't know enough to know they have a very good chance of unknowingly making a bad decision. You know?

PROUD NATIONAL TRYING TO TURN THE TIDE OF LETHARGY THAT THIS NATION HAS LET SWEEP OVER IT

Go back to the BNP thread for a snapshot of how people like you who are still mouthing off about rivers of blood are generally perceived nowadays. You talk of lethargy? Its the laziest thing in the world to label a whole group of people as simplistically as you do.

Because of this you are far more proud of your nation is, than it is of you.

Objection, it is all too easy to associate Nationalism with its unrelated namesake the BNP, to be a nationalist has nothing to do with right wing extreme political views.

a look at the time of my posts should indicate right now that im on the other side of the wrld at work right now,

The time on your posts is showing local time here. You have already amply demonstrated how limited your parochial views are; but just how small do you think the Earth is petal? xxx

I'm aware that this discussion on democracy etc. is not directly thread relevant, but it is interesting.

... democracy has a certain moral validity in itself in that it gives everyone the chance to have their say, ...

I would argue that in the UK electoral system everyone does not have a say. Each election is decided purely by the voters in the swing seats. The votes of those living in safe seats are effectively worthless.

... to be a nationalist has nothing to do with right wing extreme political views.

I think many would disagree, but for myself I fail to see anything admirable about nationalism even at its most benign. It seems to always be about pride and tribalistic "being better than others." Internationalism seems to me to be a better "ism."