Calais debacle

Windycity

It takes a special kind of short sightedness to claim that you need to visit or even live in a Muslim country before you can have an informed opinion on it and then after 10 years of actually doing so, self evidently demonstrate no apprehension of the difference between fundamental and moderate Islam.

Well i'll just relate to my 10 years on living and working in the biggest muslim country on the planet, you keep wathcing the telly and reading the papers , and we'll call it square. You get your informed opinions from wherever it is you choose to get them (Wikipedia is also a good source).

There may be a difference between fundamental and moderate Islam, true.

Mr Noor Top (distinguished Malaysian bomb maker responsible for the Bali bomb which killed 202 peoploe) was recently killed in Central Java in a "moderate" muslim township in central Java.

HE was being housed and protected for 9 years by both moderates and fundamentalists.

Did you know in Indonesia in the government in the province of Aceh has just passed a stoning law for adultery (for the ladies only, not for those of us blessed with testicles). To the death. In the year 2009.

This has been allowed to fluorish in the heart of what is deemed a "moderate" muslim country.

Your media gleaned knowlege is sometimes interesting to read, but reflects very few realities on the way things really are. Interesting but at the end of the day pretty much just a load of recycled crap which you yourself have not seen with your own eyes and cant really verify.

Through your lack of real world experience, (internationally i mean, no reflection on what you may have achieved at home), this will be like trying to explain colour to someone born blind at birth.

Aplogies for my earlier reference about you wanting man love.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aplogies for my earlier reference about you wanting man love.

You should apologise to someone who actually is gay since you regard it as a slur. In my case its just innacurate. Like a lot of things you post unfortunately.

Youre talking to someone whos lived in a Muslim country for near 10 years, and has a few gay friends. (aqaintances anyway)

I just call things as i see them.

I dont regard being called gay a slur at all, its just your personality traits (as best one can tell from your scribbling) and your vision of how things should be done here tend to have striking similarities to those of someone who allows others to to have his way with them.

I know I wont get any open support on this, but im sure theres more than a few who'd think similarly.

As far as my facts being wrong go, are you comparing my real life experience to what you read and watch on the telly, and comparing the 2?

Bottoms up.

It is the implication and your meaning of the word gay and what it could mean,,,

And, you dont seem to be able to stop yourself with your last line....

Sadly, it is not how you meant it but how others could perceive it, you need to be a wee bit careful....

And you can edit posts on here too, then you would not have to show yourself changing your mind out loud....

There is nothing wrong with Nationalism until you try to enforce it on others me thinx......but confussions could be made if ones typing prose are a little lacking through no fault of the typer and allowed for by the typeee...

We cannot do much but protest, normally folk will resort to the common denominator if their environment dictates.....

I live among a large population of middle eastern and asian folk and we (I) get along fine, I think it is the fact that I do not judge them first, and if I do, then in camera...

There are issues some creeds have about other creeds, as there are issues about the differences within one creed....

But, as I ave said, so many times, it will take a very long time to level some of the beliefs to a point where all folks are equal, in all minds...

fanx

I dont regard being called gay a slur at all, its just your personality traits (as best one can tell from your scribbling) and your vision of how things should be done here tend to have striking similarities to those of someone who allows others to to have his way with them.

You can look at what I've posted in the past to see this isn't true (try the Israel thread if you can't work out how to see all my posts). It also looks like you are currently getting an object lesson in how untrue that is. Not that I expect you to realise it though.

So you think I’m looking for a gay relationship because I’ve got a supine personality? You think gay people are gay because other gay people force them into having their way with them and they put up with it because that's what their personalities are like? I’m beginning to see why you only have gay acquaintances and not gay friends.

‘The lady doth protest too much’ springs to mind.

Try Wikipedia for the interpretation, unless of course you've spent 10 years living and working among Stratford Upon Avon’s 17th Century literary community, in which case you’ll already know what this means. Even if you haven’t, you know what this means deep down don’t you? Not that there’s anything wrong with that.

Youre talking to someone whos lived in a Muslim country for near 10 years, and has a few gay friends. (aqaintances anyway)...As far as my facts being wrong go, are you comparing my real life experience to what you read and watch on the telly, and comparing the 2?

So by your own criteria your original post about the refugees in France is completely unfounded, unless you're going to claim to have lived and worked amongst them for 10 years also?

By your own admission it was

what i saw on the news today.

and hilariously

Your media gleaned knowlege is sometimes interesting to read, but reflects very few realities on the way things really are. Interesting but at the end of the day pretty much just a load of recycled crap

So you agree the initial opinion you formed and started this thread with from what you saw on the news was crap?

I think many would disagree, but for myself I fail to see anything admirable about nationalism even at its most benign. It seems to always be about pride and tribalistic "being better than others." Internationalism seems to me to be a better "ism."

Yes, a very good "ism". I've never got why people work themselves into a lather based on where they were born. It doesn't make sense to align yourself for good or bad with others for that reason. I feel just as proud of the US getting to the moon as I do of Scotland's successes.

Is it just me or does windycitys last post remind you of anyone who stopped posting recently?

Don't pussy foot around with the details, lets be hearing your deductive reasoning in shaming this mystery sock puppeteer who sets up threads in order to fish out Gibber and expose his sharia lovin ideals. :?

I think many would disagree, but for myself I fail to see anything admirable about nationalism even at its most benign. It seems to always be about pride and tribalistic "being better than others." Internationalism seems to me to be a better "ism."

Yes, a very good "ism". I've never got why people work themselves into a lather based on where they were born. It doesn't make sense to align yourself for good or bad with others for that reason. I feel just as proud of the US getting to the moon as I do of Scotland's successes.

are you on crack? well lets just sit around singing songs and drinking home made ginger beer then.

surely you have have some sort of invested interest in the country you are born and for the most of us pay tax towards, if you do indeed pay tax.

or are your liberal leanings indicitive that you too are getting more than your giving?

I feel just as proud of the US getting to the moon as I do of Scotland's successes.

In the same vein, do you feel guilty about the Rwandan genocide ?

I don't feel responsible for it any more than I feel I'm due some credit for Treasure Island. I don't think guilt is necessarily the opposite of pride in this sense.

are you on crack? well lets just sit around singing songs and drinking home made ginger beer then.

No, and if I was I think you'll find ginger beer is hardly a substitute. I do pay tax and I have an interest in what it is spent on. By saying I'm not nationalistic doesn't mean I'm somehow unaware of what my government does with my tax or entitled to an opinion on what my tax is spent on.

Being nationalistic doesn't give you any more insight or more valid opinion on what your country does. In cases of extreme nationalism it gives considerably less insight if people are preoccupied with dreamily gazing at a flag instead of thinking. Symbols are for the symbol minded said George Carlin.

ps I hope you are posting on Shetlink during an officially allocated work break and not hindering Scotland's economy in these bleak fiscal times.

ps I hope you are posting on Shetlink during an officially allocated work break and not hindering Scotland's economy in these bleak fiscal times.

i too, like your recently found nemisis, am an expat, travelling troubled waters and crossing continents, monthly putting myself selflessly in harms way to contribute to the pot and to ensure your energy needs are met, enduring terrible hardships and quelling angry revolts by the natives, all so you can freely bolster your liberal ego with phantom posts.