oh where to take a 10 year old

gobby

we are trying to look for a nice holiday for next year, we are left with a 10 yr old as the older lasses refuse to come with us now. where would you you lot recommend we go, we like it hot, and we do cheap n cheerful usually go to majorca but would like to try something different,

Disneyland in Florida - a must see place for any 10 year old (and non-cynical adults). May not be as cheap as Majorca but since you refer to not taking the other lasses (plural) you are already "saving their costs compared to normal holidays" so it would probably work out very similar costwise if you look around for the right deal. I recommend you stay within the Disney resort itself. You will not be disappointed.

how about Egypt, we've been there a few times, and once travelled with a young boy who was fascinated by all the tombs and monuments, and if you dont fancy Luxor for history there are resorts like Sharm-El-Sheik where there is plenty for kids to do like water parks and camel rides and quad biking through sand dunes. Excellent fun. but definitely NOT a mid summer holiday, more of November/December unless you want to bake.

Also Bulgaria is very cheap and cheerful as more of an all inclusive pool side type holiday. We had a week all inclusive there a few years ago for £170 each, great for a quick getaway

we booked our bulgaria holiday on www.latedeals.co.uk but it wasn't too last minute, I think we booked it about 6 weeks before we went. They also have a section that isn't latedeal holidays though which is quite good.

we stayed in a town called albena which was actually really good because its gated so nobody can come into the resort that will hassle you, unlike some of the other places which I've heard can be a bit risky for pick-pocketing. Downside to Albena I think it was a 2 hour transfer from the airport, but we didn't mind, lovely sunshine all week, great pools, there was a fab kids club and all the food you could eat and drink you could drink.

It really depends in interests etc. Some that I would recommend:

- New York. You can get very cheap flights at the moment, and, well... it's NY!

- London. I love museums, so its my sort of place

- Scotland. Sounds silly, but I wouldn't have stayed at home for a holiday until recently. I recommend Loch Lomond National Park, Mull and St Andrews

- How about a Narrow Boat holiday? Something a bit different...

- Cruising is now Very Cheap when yo consider your food and board is included - so why not try Royal Caribbean or NCL - both very friendly lines. I us to work for Disney Cruise Line - they are exceptional for both kids and adults, but it is very pricey.