Facebook advice needed

daveh

I am an occasional Facebook user and have a few Facebook "friends". Two of them use very "strong language" and I want to stop all their comments being read by my other Facebook "friends". I have identified several Facebook privacy pages but don't understand how to block their comments from everyone else within these pages.

Could someone please tell me how to do this by describing exactly what I have to do? I seem to not understand the privacy pages enough to make these adjustments.

Thanks in advance!

i work with a mobile most of the time but it will try to explain from memory.

If you go to an offending post on your page you should be able to "hide" post. When you do so you should be able to hide/remove from your lifestream or what ever fb calls it. You are able to reinstate them again should you wish.

There's a very good chance I'm wrong with this...but if, on your Wall, you hover the cursor over something they've posted you should get the option to 'Hide'. Clicking on that might hide their comments from appearing on tyour wall, but still keep them as friends.

Not tried it meself and I'm 999,999 miles from being a Facebook guru but it's worth a shot.

Im not sure what you want is possible. the nearest i can find on FB privacy is if you go into

Account.

Privacy Settings

Posts by friends

then from drop down menu select customise.

but this would mean you would have to add names of the people you dont want to read postings. I assume this means they wouldnt be able to read any post appart from ones they made themselfs.

It is comments on their own page that appear on my home page as they are "friends" of mine. I don't want others to see their comments via their friendhip with me. If I hide these comments individually, surely I am just hiding them on my home page.

if you go to your profile page that's all folks see when the visit you. Only comments posted on your wall. Folk don't see your home page.

I can see the home page of a friend of a friend with whom I am not friends myself (if you can follow what I mean). This is where my problem lies.

Other people can only see what you, or others, have posted on your homepage. Each individual's "Live Feed" is different, so if, say, I was on your Facebook friends list, I wouldn't be able to see what another friend of yours was saying on their page via your page. Facebook doesn't work like that, so rest assured, unless you and the people you are wanting to protect from the foul language and the people saying unsavoury things are all mutual friends then you have nothing to worry about. They can't see what other folk are saying.

Hope this helps.

if you go to your profile page that's all folks see when the visit you. Only comments posted on your wall. Folk don't see your home page.

I can see the home page of a friend of a friend with whom I am not friends myself (if you can follow what I mean). This is where my problem lies.

Oh, I see what you mean. There's nothing you can do about this - the other person would have to edit their privacy settings so that only 'friends' can see their page.

Thanks for all the comments.

It would appear not to be possible to make the privacy adjustment that I want even though there appears to be quite a few others who would like the same facility.

Maybe Facebook will bring this in at sometime in the future.