Women's Football

jim-jam

I really don't see why anyone has anything negative to say about women's football. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Problem solved. I think it can only be a good thing for women to take part in what has always been a male dominated sport

Okay, but would you let women play football with the men?

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I really don't see why anyone has anything negative to say about women's football. If you don't like it, don't watch it. Problem solved. I think it can only be a good thing for women to take part in what has always been a male dominated sport

I don't see any reason why not. If an individual is good enough to compete, I can't think why their gender should be an issue (but it's not up to me to 'let' anybody play with anyone else) I'm sure most of the women who play regularly are far better players than I ever was

I don't see any reason why not. If an individual is good enough to compete, I can't think why their gender should be an issue (but it's not up to me to 'let' anybody play with anyone else) I'm sure most of the women who play regularly are far better players than I ever was

The women may look good among each other, but stick them in with the men and they will be mince. Plus theirs a huge physical strength difference..

We tried playing hockey once against the girls who were all in teams, we had little idea of the rules and most of us had hardley held a hockey stick. We abolutley hammered them due to our strength and physical presence. I think it would be the same for the women in football, once you get over the fear of tackling a girl because you may hurt her you would destroy them.

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...
We tried playing hockey once against the girls who were all in teams, we had little idea of the rules and most of us had hardley held a hockey stick. We abolutley hammered them due to our strength and physical presence. I think it would be the same for the women in football, once you get over the fear of tackling a girl because you may hurt her you would destroy them.

"Physical presence"?

I personally think its great to see women's fitba in Shetland and hope that more girls take up the sport. However, i have one major gripe about the whole thing. Namely that all the best players play for either Burra or Whitedale as far as i can see. It wouldn't bother me if these were all Burra or Westside women but fae what i can gather these teams are made up of women outside these areas. They should have divided up teams fairly at the beginning of the league to give it a chance of sustainability. Thistle have already dropped out coz they were getting thrashed. U can't expect to attract new players to a sport if they are going to get humped each week. Is there any way to solve this problem? Otherwise i fear the league will collapse in a year or two.