Which Music? Yun!

Baron Farkoff

Can YOU help to improve the Music of Shetland?  

8 members have voted

1. 1. Can YOU help to improve the Music of Shetland?

• Yes, yes I can.
    • No I, don't think I can.

Go on then, pop pickers, give us a list of some performers who you would go and see in the new Mareel.

I would like to know:

1) Your favourite Famous international act working today -be that Springsteen or Santana, Bela Fleck or Beck, Lady Gaga or the kings of leon. Whatever firm family favourite with all the family, however potentially impossible, pin your vote HERE!

2) Your favourite Personal Choice. Obscure late night classics which leave you weeping into your Highland Park, or the only toe-tapper to make Monday morning like Midnight Friday!Fantasy Bands, who may or not be together still. Judges we need YOUR VOTE!

3) Sensationally slam-dunkin' into the Top Three would be yun best local act de would be blydoit if ... sorry.... your fave local act,du kens?Dat'll be fine.

But hey, there are no real rules here, go list -crazy if you feel the cofeee kicking in, and remember- we'll have a shiny new venue soon in the most special place in Britain for Music.

Let us Kick Oot Da Jams, Spreehunters! :D

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1. Doro, Lita Ford, Crucified Barbara, Pat Benatar, Halestorm, Nightwish, Dropkick Murphy's, Heart, P!nk.....this could go on for quite some time....

2. The Runaways, L7, Transvision Vamp, T'Pau, Hole, Catatonia, Thin Lizzy, Sex Pistols.....and so could this....

3. Ummm....nobody really catching my attention at present, sorry. Possibly Scaldin Bragg.

Okay with severe influence from child

1. Pink or Katy Perry (tbh there isn't really any big name act I want to see)

2. Emeli Sande (big, big hint here, my life is being made hell because I wont let her go to the lemon tree until she's 14) I personally would love to see Lowkey before he gets too bitter

3. No idea

I know this is music but would like to add comedians too rather peeved can't make it to Imran Yusuf's latest tour.

edit - and just been told to add Russell Howard.

2nd edit and I have to make this clear not my idea "Glee Cast"

^Just listened to Anais Mitchell for the first time, Miss K, and I sure am glad I did. "The Belly and the Beast". What a chune!

Thankyou so much! 8) :D

Glad you like her she is mind blowing and amazing on so many levels. If you get the chance check out some of her older stuff and house show tunes.

I must say I really like some of your choices. :wink: