Food delivery

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:shock:

Have I made a I mistake here?

I am moving my family up here soon, relax I already have a job, but is this resentment of incomers common?

I thought Shetland was a lovely place to bring up a family but have I just doomed my family to being treated as some sort of inconvenience?

Shetlink is not a good gauge of opinion. I lived for five and a half years in Lithuania where I met and married my wife before moving back to Shetland. My two daughters were born in Lithuania and we are all happily settled here now. Ignore the vitriol spewed by a minority on an anonymous forum; I'm sure you will be made to feel most welcome here :D

Philip

Guest posiedon

As above , above, and above.

We came here in 2000 and would never leave.

Just ignore the (minority) of naysayers

I'm not against people moving to Shetland - we need doctors, nurses, dental workers
Maybe Shasel you're a doctor, nurse or dentist? Or maybe you're a road sweeper? I; and I suspect most folk in Shetland don't give a shi**. I'm sure you'll be made welcome.

:shock:

Have I made a I mistake here?

I am moving my family up here soon, relax I already have a job, but is this resentment of incomers common?

I thought Shetland was a lovely place to bring up a family but have I just doomed my family to being treated as some sort of inconvenience?

You have not made a mistake. As with anywhere, there will be curiosity.

As already posted, there will always be the ODD one.

Make the most of what the Isles have to offer. The folk are great, the services are, and still will be exceptional and the opportunities are boundless.

Shasel, I hope the above few posts have reassured you. There will always be the odd one or two who spout forth a load of crap on a forum like this about how rotten a place this is and how they would be better off elsewhere. I don't see them moving there though!

Says it all really!

Enjoy your life in Shetland. The majority of us do and wouldn't want to live anywhere other.