Getting Into Heavy Metal

alarmarama

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm,

Som many choices! Metal is such a broad church.

I'd certainly go for Metallica (earlier stuff), Slayer and Anthrax. Maybe consider a bit of Corrosion of Conformity as well.

If you like your Metal more Old School, try a bit of Saxon or Iron Maiden along with your Hawkwind and Black Sabbath.

If you like your Metal with a bit of spandex, try Van Halen, Twisted Sister or Motley Crue.

You might want to venture off into the hardcore/crossover scene, with a bit of Heresy, 7 Seconds, Misfits or Mudhoney.

Whatever you choose, make sure you listen to everything that Motorhead ever played. Ever.

(Oh, and everything AC/DC wrote before the death of Bon Scott).

\m/

Ah, the days of me wild youth. Heavy metal/rock, whatever; I still enjoy listening to the likes of:-

Deep Purple

Led Zep

Uriah Heep

Lynard Skynard

and the old soft rock stuff like Peter Frampton (anyone else seen that Fox News clip on youtube of him now bald doing an impromptu session outdoors in New York - quite funny really), Asia, Heart ...

Also like Meredith Brooks, Patti Smith, Budgie, Dumpy's Rusty Nuts, Tygers of Pang Tang, Dark Star (deffo check out Dark Star on youtube).

Ah, not a fan of mega heavy stuff but ... okay, I'll stop now and remember I'm now meant to be a mature sensible woman who really shouldn't be tempted to blast the cobwebs down from the ceiling by playing rock full blast but use the hoover like everyone else instead. :wink: