Cupcake over load!

bahbah

Its a real shame, but is it me or is the whole Island jumping on the cupcake band wagon?

Only seems yesterday that I first tried a lovely Emma-Louise Cupcake, and now Cupcakes are popping up everywhere.

I fear that peoples lack of original thinking will cause damage to honest hard working businesses.

I am just using Cupcakes as an example of what happens so often in this small island of ours.

Any views?

I fear that peoples lack of original thinking will cause damage to honest hard working businesses.

Any views?

I'm not quite sure what your point is. Is it that when somebody identifies an attractive product to provide and starts selling it, others jump on the band waggon? If so, it is hard to see any way of dealing with it other than to try and reinforce particular versions through brand awareness marketing. If the "original" product is indeed premium, and marketed as such, consumers will choose to endorse it.

• 2 months later...

Maybe the other people you refer to have been making cakes and cupcakes for a lot longer but never thought they were good enough to sell and make money from, so never advertised. Only after several years of making for freinds and family thought they would give it a go. So just because you havent heard of someones bussiness does not mean it doesnt exist (i made my first wedding cake 15 years ago).