Who killed our cat.

Tryop

Some lowlife has just run over our pure white cat and killed it at 8.30 this morning and left it in the middle of the road right outside the front of our house for our 5 year daughter to find.

What sort of low life could do this and ignore the fact they just ran over someones pet.

A very sad house this morning

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest CyprusPluto

There are some thoughtless people about. I'm so sorry for you and your little girl. Did the cat have a collar to ID it?

Many years ago as a boy, I was helping my dad deliver milk. He was a milkman. In those days they also worked Christmas day. And on that day we found a cat in the middle of the road that had been run over. It was still alive, but had broken it's back. We picked it up and took it to the owners. Can you imagine how they must have felt? And on Christmas Day. All this was in Manchester, not Shetland.

I still remember the little bird I killed a couple of years ago when it flew into the front of my car. I felt awful.

Sorry for your loss and whilst having dogs live with me, I have owned cats in the past and know how emotionally painful it can be to lose a pet with no warning.

However, from a vehicle driver's point of view; whilst appreciating your anger and upset, have you thought that depending upon the vehicle being driven that the driver may not even have known your cat was there? Even in cars, you don't always see or feel when you've hit a creature, more so if in a van or a lorry.

Thanks, my daughter saw the car that killed her cat as she was in the garden with our dog at the time. We know who it was with the silver car as he is always speeding through the road and it is only a matter of time before he has a very serious accident.

He works for a local car hire company and is always driving like a lunatic in their cars as well as his own.

sad over your cat dying. however having killed dozens of rabbitts a year whilst driving you quite often don't feel or hear the hit. still if the person could stop to check on the cat they should have. however they don't have to report it like they would if they hit a dog or sheep.

Guest CyprusPluto

There are too many drivers driving at speed in inappropriate places. Where I live I frequently see cars going above the speed limit and children playing in the street. The little ones sometimes ride their bikes straight into the road without looking - just a matter of time. I hope not!.

Shetland is full of open country roads where no one but the driver will get hurt if a speed freak must get his/her thrill. There's no need to speed near houses.

And as for not seeing or hearing an animal being hit. I imagine this is possible in a large vehicle, such as a lorry, but in a car? I heard the tiny bird hit the front of my car and when my back near side wheel clipped a rabbit. If you're concentrating on driving and not just the destiny of your journey you will see and hear such things.

The driver of the silver car may not have been able to avoid the cat, but to not even acknowledge it. The law shouldn't have to instruct people in common decency.

...............there is issues if the guy is speeding but thats for the police to prove not a lady who has just lost her cat to the car driver. we were not there so we don't know.

I agree, we were not there but the person says the guy is known in the area for reckless driving, plus the daughter witnessed the incident.

How are the police going to know to investigate any dangerous driving if they are not informed of the incident?

Maybe there has been no crime here, but at least they could have a quiet word with the guy before something more serious happens.