Burra Bears?

Biglad

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm not questioning that this company is a great reflection on the Shetland community and I applaud everyone supporting Mrs. Inkster, I just don't like the "closing of ranks by Shetlanders" as this is only relevant if you are making a statement as to where Mrs. Ramsey is originally from (i.e. NOT Shetland)

If Mrs. Ramsey was a Shetlander the comment would make no sense and is therefore of no relevance.

Please be aware that to my knowledge it is many local people whether they hail from Shetland or not that are supporting Mrs. Inkster :-)

Yup, I think the issue here is that one is from Yorkshire and the other is from Shetland. Not who's right or wrong.

Do you really think so? That would be a shame.

I don't think thats the case, surely folk can see the right and wrong in this whether someone is from Shetland or not!

I'm with the 'Original' Burra Bears team not because Mrs Ramsey isn't born and bred here, christ she's been here 20 years, created a business and doing well for the 'Shetland' name in general but I do think she's cutting of her nose to spite her face now!

No, I don't believe for a moment that it's about Shetland vs Yorkshire and I've edited my post because what I was meaning has been taken the wrong way(as usual).

I think what most people are seeing here is a bit of foul play and that's what people don't like.

What I meant was, it's nice to see people showing their support for a lovely, hard-working lady(Mrs Inkster) who has created an ingenious product and built up a successful business.

I'm not saying Ms Ramsey isn't also a hard-working person but I just think folk feel that Mrs Inkster has been treated poorly(rightly or wrongly).

I'm no a Shetlander....I spent time in Yorkshire and have had many Yorkshire friends.I dont think it's anything to do with being xenophobic, or a Yorkshire / Shetland divide . I do think it's theft of artistic ideas, and bully-boy tactics by Ramsay though! Some folk seem to be pushing on a a xenophobic vein to this thread...and its no one on the Burra Bear side!

What I meant was, it's nice to see people showing their support for a lovely, hard-working lady(Mrs Inkster) who has created an ingenious product and built up a successful business.

I accept entirely what you're saying, thank you for amending your original comment.