Shetland Internet Businesses

voicebox

Earning a living via the internet is a growing and a popular way to earn money for those who do and don't live on the mainland of Shetland.

Would it be applicable to promote our shops or internet business on this forum? Would be great to see what others are doing...

I leave this decision to the moderators :P

If so, my shop is on Etsy.com

www.etsy.com/shop/QuirkandKwizle

Semi Precious Jewellery made on a remote island...

I think this is a great idea. There is so much talent in Shetland, but we don't know all that is available, from craft work, furniture making, horticulture, art work - not just painting, but framing, and so on.

If we knew what was available we might choose to buy locally rather than from sooth. Might encourage other enterprises. Can't do any harm.

So, this gets my vote.

Earning a living via the internet is a growing and a popular way to earn money for those who do and don't live on the mainland of Shetland.

Would it be applicable to promote our shops or internet business on this forum? Would be great to see what others are doing...

I leave this decision to the moderators :P

If so, my shop is on Etsy.com

http://www.etsy.com/shop/QuirkandKwizle

Semi Precious Jewellery made on a remote island...

Where it stipulates business is be carried out in and in accordance of the laws of the State of New York, USA ??

I know it is a 'global market' these days, but surely if you are keen on 'local trade', it could be done a wee bit closer to home ?

Mmmm... Sorry about that, was feeling a bit sensitive yesterday, I think anything would have set me off! :oops:

Moon must be in Capricorn or something... Or second phase of Uranus :)

Might also be good to have a major craft fair in the Clickamin sometime so that ordinary folk like me can sell their wares, the recent craft event thingy was more for established businesses like Shetland Jewellery... Am I right? Just checking... :shock: :roll:

There must be plenty of us that fidde around in our spare time with hobbies, knitting, weaving, sewing, etc? :)

Oh and...Hello Mandy!

no the event at the leasure centre is aimed at everyone. you will be missing a big market if you miss out on it. our friend does crafts and they usually have some stock and then have samples so folks can order what they want this saves having loads of stock. don't forget the farmers markets as well and you local country stores. good luck and try not to be to sensitive it will cause you more trouble than what others say.

Hi sorry about name- when telling child why is it just me that does this and then type it without thinking.....

There are so many talented people in Da Noth Isles that any outlet should be there? perhaps? A good starting point would be to get every one interested collected together-I know from random blog reading there are lots of craft dablers. people who's output is too small for a business or even perhaps a stall but who have talent etc.

no the event at the leasure centre is aimed at everyone. you will be missing a big market if you miss out on it. our friend does crafts and they usually have some stock and then have samples so folks can order what they want this saves having loads of stock. don't forget the farmers markets as well and you local country stores. good luck and try not to be to sensitive it will cause you more trouble than what others say.

Paul, thanx for the info!

Mandy, seems like a good idea to get the North Isles Craft Folk together too - we could have some sort of event - get together at some point...