Computer Techy Problems

Guest Anonymous

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thats what commonly known as a Blue Screen Of Death (really).

It happens from time-to-time on my machine and usually fixes itself but can fatal.

I think nv4_disp is an Nvidia graphics driver (or related), were you installing a new graphics card?

I think memory dumps are to be expected with BSODs, its just the computers way of recording what it was doing at the time, nothing to worry about (I say confidently knowing your PC if fine) 8)

Well well me peerie fish.

Yup thats the one. "Blue Screen Of Death" due to your NVidea based gfx card driver throwing a tantrum. Were you trying to play a game that is trying to use DirectX? This often happens due to that.

Restart your computer and tap the f8 key until you get to see an Advancd options menu. Then start your computer in Safe Mode.

Select Admininstrator on the welcome screen and log in. You'll then be in safe mode and your screen will have this plastered over it.

Hold down your [windows key] and press [break] to get up your [system properties window] or navigate to it from inside the [control panel]

Select [hardware] and then [device manager] and then click on the [+] next to [display adapters] and right click on the [nvidia] adapter and choose [uninstall] and click [ok]

Close everything and reboot your PC starting it normally. It'll start with just a basic display adapter installed. You should then install your [display driver] from whichever disc you have them on .. and or from the latest one that you downloaded from the net.

Then yer good to go.

Thank you for contacting your system administrator or technical support group for assistance. :wink:

• 3 months later...

^ Google analytics is a free online application that is essentially a convenient way for us to see some statistics about this website (i.e. page views, unique website hits, which pages link to us etc). Its nothing sinister, as that kind of info is available through looking at server logs etc. It's just a convenient representation of the data

You can check it out here:

http://www.google.com/analytics/

It is the same information that is collected by any servers logfiles when you view any website. It is just shown in a new and fancy way. There is a small piece of JavaScript within the pages that makes a call to the google servers. That is the part that you are noticing.

Google also has great tools if you want to take it the next step along with ROI tools on e-commerce for instance, you can add in entry and exit pages of a shopping cart and see if visitors go the whole hog. This way you can guage how shoppers use your site etc.

?? Eh? What browser are you using and what is the security settings of it? Are they set to maximum?

The only explanation for that is the paypal donate image as it's parsed from the paypal site. Try lowering your internet security settings from "nabudies gyan tae git in here" or put Shetlink as a trusted site. Or accept the certificate for evvverrrrr *mwaahahaha*!

note: that recommendation ^^ does not bind me or Shetlink to your computer getting mangled.