Teenagers in Shetland

peeriewife

• Replies 237
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once again the teenagers are in trouble.

Thank goodness we were never in our teens and in any case we were too pure to have been nuisances.

Ok, ok, let's use the old cliche.

Things were different in my day!

No they weren't!

Teenagers are genetically programmed to be pains in the ass.

That has got the nature out of the way so on to the nurture.

How many parents do you know that are good parents or reverse it, how many that are bad parents?

If, by example, they do not learn basic social skills at home what chance do they have?

So we want the police to reform them for us because we are inadequate parents.

What are we going to reform them to and from?

In my day, a football accidently on the head would have been a mild shock.

It could have been a razor, a bottle or a cosh.

Damned teddy boys!

I have joked with some of the teenagers that go on the street and have never had any problems, in fact I headed a ball back once.

It reminds me of my youth and how we used to meet.

Regards,

Rex.

Yeah, I do completely agree with that! :)

So many parents these days would rather have their kids out at halls getting pissed rather than have them at home! :S

The worst bit is the council is now also encouraging this, by continuously building new flats here and there! I live in a council house, and have done for many years now, but with my mother, and when we put in an application to transfer to one in town then they said there wasn't any available! Yet... Across from the co-op they've just built several brand new flats, just for all the druggys and kids who have been kicked out! How the hell is that fair to be honest? That someone who works cant get a new flat, yet someone who steals, doesn't work and most likely takes drugs is handed a brand new one?

And I do apologise just in case anyone gets offended, but you still can't deny that its fair?

Just my view here...

Across from the co-op they've just built several brand new flats, just for all the druggys and kids who have been kicked out! How the hell is that fair to be honest? That someone who works cant get a new flat, yet someone who steals, doesn't work and most likely takes drugs is handed a brand new one

the Anti PC alarm will be going mental, brace for backlash.....i cant believe you dont simpathise with the poor victims of our society.

Guest Anonymous
Across from the co-op they've just built several brand new flats, just for all the druggys and kids who have been kicked out! How the hell is that fair to be honest? That someone who works cant get a new flat, yet someone who steals, doesn't work and most likely takes drugs is handed a brand new one

the Anti PC alarm will be going mental, brace for backlash.....i cant believe you dont simpathise with the poor victims of our society.

am thinkin society might be the victims rather as them bein the victims of the society that pays thier way , to a greater extent theres a genuine question here of how some vermin is treated better as the mugs who pay tax to keep them

Youths are no worse in Shetland than anywhere else, in fact they are no gun toting and knife weilding like nthe gangs of youths in inner cities so my advice to all the moaners is............. For goodness sake give the youth's a break!!! You were once young and I bet you got up to far worse than the youths of Shetland today get up to.

What habits anyone has or doesn't have is none of my business, as is anyones circumstances, and I couldn't care less anyway. However, you cannot deny that the housing regulations, as they stand, are a significant cause of the housing shortage locally.

Once someone hits 16 and they declare themselves "homeless" they can get accomodation, and have the rent for it, and initially at least their power for free, providing they are either still in education or unemployed.

Where's the incentive for anyone, young or older to pay their own way, where's the incentive to stay at home once you're reached 16 with that going gratis, where's the incentive for parents to not "encourage" their kids to sling their hook and vamoose? I don't see you can blame teens getting out and getting their own place at the earliest opportnity, when its a free deal being handed to them on a plate, nor can you blame parents for encouraging them to do so. The blame lies within the system that while probably intended to take care of those teens who genuinely need it, can be as easily made use of by everyone of that age.

Youths are no worse in Shetland than anywhere else, in fact they are no gun toting and knife weilding like nthe gangs of youths in inner cities so my advice to all the moaners is............. For goodness sake give the youth's a break!!! You were once young and I bet you got up to far worse than the youths of Shetland today get up to.

I actually beg to differ... i have some friends who were training in brae, when someone came up to them and held a knife to them and told them to give him their wallets! they just walked away and called the police...

but im hoping its not gonna get bad here... :(

I actually beg to differ... i have some friends who were training in brae, when someone came up to them and held a knife to them and told them to give him their wallets! they just walked away and called the police...

but im hoping its not gonna get bad here... :(

Well since that event has never been printed in the local press I would say that this event is more likely to be a figment of your imagination Caitch87 and an attempt to stir up more "anti youth venom"

Treat people with contempt like adults do with the youths these days then you are very likely to be treated with equal contempt. Treat people as equals and with respect and there is a very good chance you will earn their respect. The "them and us" attitude is in fact very CHILDISH!!!

>>Well since that event has never been printed in the local press I would say that this event is more likely to be a figment of your imagination Caitch87

Yes, it's a proven fact that too much reading of the Daily Mail plays havoc with the personality.

Yeah the problem there is that it actually only happened friday afternoon, i dont know if the police have done anything about it, but i know who he is and i know he's trouble, most people who know him know that... and im not trying to stir up anything, in fact, thats why im speaking on this :) i wish people would just treat everyone the same! i live my life by the rule 'treat people how you would wanna be treated'.

i have some friends who were training in brae, when someone came up to them and held a knife to them and told them to give him their wallets! they just walked away and called the police...

Am I the only one thinking that this guy really needs to improve his mugging technique? Surely even the most pathetic physical specimen should be able to intimidate someone with a knife without their intended victim feeling that simply walking away and informing the police is a viable cause of action?

Guest Anonymous

as always its the minority giving all a bad name, and the minority are so clever they let everybody in a small place know who they are , genius !!! its the perogitive of the young to realise what works n what doesnt. Ultimately any deviants either have to fit in or fax off