ATOS

daveh, really? Let's not go there again :!:

Is this a private thread, then?

Is the rule that you can post dozens of posts on the same topic but nobody can post any if they have opposing views?

Your comment certainly suggests that.

daveh, really? Let's not go there again :!:

Is this a private thread, then?

Is the rule that you can post dozens of posts on the same topic but nobody can post any if they have opposing views?

Your comment certainly suggests that.

Au contraire davey boy, like i have already said to you post where ever you want, my issue is that you previously asked the mods to remove my thread as it was "boring you" and when they did not you started to spam it with posts which were not relevant to it and i thought we had got passed that issue!

You are a very disingenuous person who like your beloved political party have little morals. Instead of showing any concern for the sick and disabled people who are being subjected to a very unfair and dishonest disability assessment which has even been linked to the cause of death for thousands, you would rather discuss benefit fraud..........

However if it helps you to sleep better at night then carry on posting about all the sick and disabled "scroungers and skivers" who are defrauding the system.

The problems with work assessments run deeper than Atos

The DWP's capability test is unrealistic – bringing in new providers to carry it out won't help

By Sue Marsh

The Department of Work and Pensions (DWP) has announced that it will be contracting new providers to carry out work capability assessments (WCAs) alongside Atos Healthcare, after a recent review found assessments to be "of unacceptably poor quality".

This is what campaigners have been saying since 2008 when employment and support allowance (ESA) was introduced by the then Labour government to replace incapacity benefit. Successful appeal rates are rising, with 39% of decisions now overturned. A September 2012 report from the Disability Benefits Consortium found that 85% of welfare benefits advisers did not believe that Atos report accuracy had improved. Claimants need to score 15 points under a tick box computer system, yet 83% of decisions overturned at appeal had originally been awarded six points or less. This indicates that something is still seriously wrong with the system.

With Atos assessors now being audited for quality, and an admission from the DWP that things need to improve, one might think that campaigners would be celebrating this news. Far from it. We have warned for some time that replacing Atos, or adding in new providers, would not alleviate the problems inherent in the ESA system.

Full article here -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/commentisfree/2013/jul/23/work-assessments-atos-dwp-test

Yet another magnificent piece by "nickd" from ilegal.org

Mark Hoban Donation recipient of Atos troubleshooter

Accepted donations worth over £22,000 from the same firm of accountants he used to work for and who have been tasked with independently advising Atos

It just gets worse.

Disability groups, charities and the medical profession have long been demanding urgent action over the appalling standards of 'work capability assessments' carried out by the DWP's private contracted supplier, Atos Healthcare who are paid over £100 million a year for assessing around 740,000 incapacitated & disabled benefit claimants.

The French IT firm has been widely condemned by many Parliamentarians from all parties and received damning coverage on television over the way it tests genuinely disabled claimants, often finding them fit for work. Once such recent victim was Elenore Tatton who was told to prepare for work following an Atos assessment - sadly she died shortly afterwards of an inoperable brain tumour - a condition she had suffered from since the age of 15.

Government's reaction when asked to look in to the serious situation over the number of deaths following these harsh assessments has been to label disability campaigners 'extremists'; they have also refused to conduct a proper assessment on the impact these hard hitting welfare reforms are having upon thousands of disabled people as reported by Disability News Service and widely called for by thousands who have signed petitions asking government to respond.

Government's response to a hard hitting call for action by a select committee into the DWP's contract with Atos has been to issue a ministerial statement, it has every sign of being yet another cover up by Government. Government's 'action' includes calling in PricewaterhouseCoopers (PWC), a firm which has received over £2.7 million pounds to look in to mortality rates within the often slated NHS and which has handed over half a million pounds in donations to the Tory party - now there's a surprise.

But what makes this even worse is that the Minister Mark Hoban who is partly responsible for sorting out the Atos fiasco has himself taken over £22,000 in non - cash donations from PWC. Hoban's close working connections extend to him once being employed by PWC - the very same firm called in to assist in Atos repair job - or cover up as the case may be. He even boasts of his experience on the government website.

Perhaps I should also remind you that PWC was one of the four big firms of accountants who 'use knowledge of Treasury to help rich avoid tax' and which was absolutely slated by a public accounts committee who looked into

'Experts offering advice on legislation' creating 'ridiculous conflict of interest', as concluded by select committee chair Margaret Hodge

Hoban's track record on helping disabled people back to work

You know what I find completely deplorable?

All this nonsense about helping disabled people back in to work, all the government's hard hitting & vile rhetoric, the promotion of disability hatred, the needless deaths, the constant lies being drip fed to a public which is gullible enough to be taken in by it all, billions of tax payer's money being thrown away at a private sector which gets away with blue murder, endless cover ups and whitewashes, millions being spent on appeals, the wrong people losing their jobs and it's all for nothing....

Nothing....

The Minister for Employment's track record on getting incapacitated people back in to work in his Fareham constituency is deplorable. His government's hideous Work programme hasn't led to one single person from any sickness related benefit getting a job.

Not one single person – it's an utter disgrace

Full article here -

http://ilegal.org.uk/post/20077/thread

ATOS PHYSIO’S EVIDENCE OF NO VALUE

Atos could be in even more difficulties following an upper tribunal decision that the opinion of an Atos health professional who is a physiotherapist was of “no probative value whatsoever†where it concerned a claimant who had a mental, rather than physical, health condition.

The case involved a claimant who had been placed in the WRAG but had appealed to be placed in the support group. The claimant’s mental health conditions included depression and bouts of uncontrollable rage. The judge stated that:

“I can only express my surprise that in a case where the only issue was the mental health of the claimant and its effect in relation to the mental health descriptors, the report was prepared by a physiotherapist following a 15 minute interview. It is plainly important that questions of mental health should be assessed by a disability analyst with appropriate mental health qualifications if their opinion is to be of any evidential value. Even then tribunals should beware of placing too much weight on such reports, based as they are on a very short interview with a claimant and without access to medical records.“

Although the decision, which was highlighted on the Rightsnet discussion forum for welfare rights workers, relates to ESA there is no logical reason why similar arguments cannot be employed in relation to PIP, where a very similar points based system is in place. This could pose a massive problem for Atos whose successful bid for the PIP medical assessment contract stated that they would be using the following health professionals:

933 physiotherapists

373 nurses

75 occupational therapists

19 doctors.

From here -

http://dwpexamination.org/forum/atos-medical-assessment-centres/atos-get-double-whammy/

You are a very disingenuous person who like your beloved political party have little morals

That is a truly ridiculous thing to say about both myself and the party which I support. You don't know anything about my "morals" whatsoever. I could similarly personally attack your morals but will not sink to your level.

As regards my political allegiance, I am very happy to support them and don't have to justify that to anyone.

I will now leave this thread completely and leave you to wallow in your ridiculous copy and paste propaganda to the ongoing delight of your adoring fans.

Carry on !

Nothing to do with health assessments again

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/200000-victims-of-equitable-life-collapse-may-miss-out-on-compensation-after-atos-slips-up-again-8732807.html

More than 200,000 people who lost money in the collapse of Equitable Life may miss out on compensation because of failings in the Government’s reimbursement scheme – which is administered by the outsourcing company Atos.

Nothing to do with health assessments again

http://www.independent.co.uk/money/spend-save/200000-victims-of-equitable-life-collapse-may-miss-out-on-compensation-after-atos-slips-up-again-8732807.html

More than 200,000 people who lost money in the collapse of Equitable Life may miss out on compensation because of failings in the Government’s reimbursement scheme – which is administered by the outsourcing company Atos.

But still of relevance MuckleJoannie as it involves Atos who seem to have one's fingers in may pies.

I also noticed this link between them and the BBC.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Atos#BBC_Technology

Another excellent piece by "nickd" from ilegal.org

ESA chaos just got a whole lot worse & much more sinister

DWP's 'case-load' has now reached well over 5 million

Believe this, it's not fiction - it's fact - all sourced from the DWP.

Figures released by the DWP this week on the 25th July reveal that since Employment & Support Allowance ESA was introduced the over worked & under-resourced department charged with delivering government's welfare reforms will have dealt with a staggering 4.8 million ESA cases - a figure which will be much higher now given that the DWP's statistics are only dated up to November 2012.

The latest 'Work Capability Assessment' figures show that up to November 2012 the department dealt with a total of 4,831,900 cases of which 2,836,300 were for new claims, 1,108,100 for those repeatedly assessed and 887,500 'conversion' cases from pre-existing incapacity benefits. These figures, by any margin, indicate a huge workload which is bound to place intolerable demands dealing with such huge volumes. The figures represent a massive increase on the figures up to August 2012 when the already high case-load figure had hit over 4.3 million.

These latest figures confirm the DWP work load now amounts to in excess of half a million cases every 3 months - that's around 8,333 every single working day.

Well worth reading full piece here -

http://ilegal.org.uk/post/20092/thread

Double amputee 'fit to work' says Atos

Jul 26 2013 by Paul Cargill, Perthshire Advertiser

A double amputee from Perth claims he is “penniless†after a government department declared him fit to work.

Disabled Alex Scott (42), from Craigie, who has lost both his legs below the knee, blasted benefits test firm Atos, who quizzed him on his fitness on the Department of Work and Pensions’ behalf.

They gave Mr Scott nil points on his test ‘score’ in March and recommended his benefits be stopped - leaving him without any means to pay for food, gas, electricity or rent.

Mr Scott, who lost his left leg in 2006 and his right in 2011, said he has had to rely on hand-outs and the generosity of friends since the ruling came into effect.

“It’s disgusting - I’ve got no electricity in the meter, and no food in the freezer,†he raged yesterday.

“I’ve been told there is not a bit of money that I can get from anywhere to help me. It’s ridiculous that this government, in this day and age, can leave a disabled person without a penny to their name.

“I’ve only got my friends to care for me now. I have to scrounge meals and stay with them.â€

Mr Scott, who was born with the congenital condition talipes, more commonly known as club foot, appealed the decision and was invited to attend a tribunal hearing in Dundee.

But when Mr Scott informed the hearing he could not attend due to illness, a decision to uphold the Atos ruling was made in his absence.

Full story here -

http://www.perthshireadvertiser.co.uk/perthshire-news/local-news-perthshire/perthshire/2013/07/26/double-amputee-fit-to-work-says-atos-73103-33656511/#.UfQdaE5VyNE.twitter

Slightly off topic but another example of the Tories at their best

Companies 'have duty' to hire local workers - minister

Companies have a "social duty" to hire local workers before recruiting abroad, a Conservative minister has said.

Matthew Hancock said firms should consider recruiting locally over "the easy option" of hiring from abroad.

From here -

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-23462393

And

UK jobs being advertised across the EU at taxpayers' expense, it emerges

More than 800,000 UK jobs are being offered to workers across the European Union, it has been disclosed.

Under an EU scheme partly funded by British taxpayers, all positions advertised in UK jobcentres also have to be offered to workers in European member states.

UK firms are given as much as £1,000 as a bonus for taking on the foreign workers.

The disclosure undermined comments made by Matthew Hancock, the business and skills minister, who called on UK bosses to stop taking the “easy option†of filling jobs with foreigners when they could train local workers instead.

Just hours after Mr Hancock’s intervention it emerged that that a website called EURES, which was set up by the European Commission, is advertising 808,659 UK jobs to people on the continent.

The EU scheme offers foreigners hundreds of pounds of funding to pay for interviews in the UK, relocation costs and even English lessons.

From here -

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/eu/10205511/UK-jobs-being-advertised-across-the-EU-at-taxpayers-expense-it-emerges.html

Unbelievable :?