What did you want to be when you were peerie?

I can't really remember too well, but I think when I was semi-young I wanted to be (and still do) a diplomat

Sorry old chap, you come over as a bit too honest when you speak about things to be a diplomat. Anyway, did you go to the right school?.....Eaton, Harrow and a few others. And the right uni?......Oxford as there are too many spies from Cambridge.

I really did want to be a train driver.......but not on a steam locomotive. Wanted to drive an electric train. Did get as far as an interview with British Railways......for a job as a porter or something but while they messed about I found a job with more pay.

I never had the first clue what I wanted to be, and still don't.... :?

So, I live in hope that these immortal words have a grain of truth in them somewhere....

"Don't feel guilty if you don't know what you want to do with your life. The most interesting people I know didn't know at 22 what they wanted to do with their lives. Some of the most interesting 40-year-olds I know still don't." :wink:

Quote/lyrics: Advice, like youth, probably just wasted on the young - Mary Schmich/Everybody's Free (To Wear Suscreen)/The Sunscreen Song - Baz Luhrmann.

I went to a posh school where children "succeeded".

I decided that I fancied being a barrister. Then realised that I was too thick so thought about being a solicitor. Then realised that I was too thick and as I liked doughnuts so much wanted to join the police. The local force wouldn't touch me but I was told that the Met(ropolitan Police) would be interested, "after all they will take anyone", the chubby officer told me.

Instead I got offered a job in a slaughter house "just moving the offal from bin to bin" said the Youth Careers Officer.

I joined the Army and except for the odd severed foot, my boss wandering down the road with a petrol bomb in his hand after the other dozen had blown up an UlsterBus depot, and a flying Ford Cortina almost removing my head in separate bombing incidents, I had a quiet time of it.

I now have the crappest admin job ever and I loathe it with every atom of my soul. Nothing would give me greater pleasure than to tell them where to shove it (but they are a nice bunch to work with). Sadly I need the money so I have to suffer it.