Food horror stories

Njugle

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
When I was making myself lunch at the kitchen, I got a packet of this Uncle Ben's long grain rice and put it in the microwave without the opening it before setting it in!

After a minute and three quarters, I heard this big bang in the kitchen, then I noticed that the rice was all over inside the microwave and when my parents came in and my mother came into the kitchen. She saw me sweeping up the rice in her microwave and did the turkey*, now I know I should open packets before putting them in the microwave. :roll:

* arguing.

my little brother did the exact same thing once but apparently told my mum he had opened it!

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Haha, This made me laugh reading all this.

I have a few of my own too :

Recently my mam was eating a sandwich she had bought from a local Lerwick bakery.. (Naming no names... :wink: ) and she found a large bit of rusty metal ( just slightly bigger than a 50 pence piece ) in it along with a lovley long grey hair. Needless to say she took it back and she didnt even get a apology or anything from the bakery, or an explination on how the rusty metal would have got in there in the first place!

Eating a chicken & cheese burger from Safeways when they were up here still, then i cut into it, Only to find a lovley used blue plaster sitting on top of the burger.. Niiiiiiice! :?

My late granny once also found a mouse head in a tin of Heinz baked beans, She did write and phone to complain to them, and she did recieve vouchers and a written letter of sorryl, but the poor old lady never ate them again! She was also a fan of frozen battered fish..She once sat down to her meal and cut into it only to be faced with a leather watch strap inside of it! Haha, How THAT got in there, ill never know!!

Also, Another one, When Clickimin cafe was on the go ( years & years ago when they used to sell chips & burgers & everything unhealthy...) then my brother & I had just been swimming and had decided to get a burger & chips to save having to cook our dinner once we got home. When i bit into the burger there was a large tooth in it! ... Ive never touched a burger since!!

LAST MONTH I WAS IN LERWICK AND MY WIFE AND I DECIDED TO GO FOR FISH AND CHIPS NOT NAMEING THE NAME :wink: H.H.<<< MY WIFE ORDERD SAUSAGE AND CHIPS I GOT HADDOCK AND CHIPS MY WIFE IS NOT A BIG FAN OF BATTER SO SHE PULLED IT OFF ONLY TO FIND THE SAUSAGE RAPPED IN A CONDOM :? :? :? VERY EMBARRASING BUT WE WERE BOTH TO ASHAMED TO TAKE IT BACK IN TO THE STORE :cry: :lol:

• 1 year later...

We got takeout from a Lerwick Indian restaurant which name begins with R and ends in A. One of the guys in our group was a vegetarian and got a veggie curry. Halfway through he pulls out two huge chunks of lamb from the food on his plate :shock:

Not nice, we won't be going back.