The Price of Everything & The Value of Nothing

Colin

Same old story, far too much authority delegated to "officials" with no more than a pinhead of brain power. The fark ups will continue apace until the elected members take back the powers they should never had let go of, and hold a mass eviction of all the gormless seat polishing paper shufflers lying around various council offices taking up room and making the place look untidy.

Whatever anyone's personal opinion of the elected members, at least they won't get there unless we put them there, and anyone can collar any one of them in the street and call them out on whatever b/s is going down. Unlike "officials" over whom we have no say as to who or what they are, and can quite happily and comfortably pull any crap they like whenever they like, and hide behind their closed office door while their legions of minions provide a buffer zone at the front desk deflecting flack.

Meanwhile, seeing as the SIC came up. I'm not sure whether this belongs in the SIBC thread for poor headline writing, or one about the SIC for talking crap, but regardless it will never win a plain English award.

Can anyone offer any clue WTF this is supposed to be about, and what its supposed to be telling anyone?

SIBC news - SIC on behalf of Shetland Partnership receive approval for support to develop approach to participatory budgeting.

Who exactly are the "Shetland Partnership", who have the SIC received approval from while acting on their behalf, what is the nature of the "support", and what is "participatory budgeting", and how does one develop an approach to it.

I'm getting a definite whiff that all it means is a pile of money we don't have is about to be spent on something we don't need and will contribute nothing to nobody or nothing, but I may well be wrong.

Edited by Ghostrider

Meanwhile, seeing as the SIC came up. I'm not sure whether this belongs in the SIBC thread for poor headline writing, or one about the SIC for talking crap, but regardless it will never win a plain English award.

Can anyone offer any clue WTF this is supposed to be about, and what its supposed to be telling anyone?

SIBC news - SIC on behalf of Shetland Partnership receive approval for support to develop approach to participatory budgeting.

Who exactly are the "Shetland Partnership", who have the SIC received approval from while acting on their behalf, what is the nature of the "support", and what is "participatory budgeting", and how does one develop an approach to it.

I'm getting a definite whiff that all it means is a pile of money we don't have is about to be spent on something we don't need and will contribute nothing to nobody or nothing, but I may well be wrong.

As you say, you may well be wrong - but I doubt it. I think that the wee whiff you sensed is a pretty accurate one and certainly nothing beneficial will happen to the common man. Only those that reside at the very top of the pile of sh*te they've created for us to live on, in and about will gain anything - and they will gain everything. Us lot, well, some things never change.