Alabama 3 @ The North Star

Alan

Thursday 21st September

ALABAMA 3 ACOUSTIC LIVE

Venue:

Shetland North Star - , Scotland

Featuring acoustic stripped down versions of Alabama 3's songs, the lineup - is Robert Love (vocals) Devlin Love ( vocals)

Rock Freebase (guitar) and - Harpo Strangelove ( harmonica).

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ENGLISH acid house band Alabama 3 will play a one off gig in Lerwick, next month.

Eh? Mind me to take me whistle and white gloves :P

Might wait a while for the "hands in the air" moment in the sopranos theme song or "Hello I'm Johnny Cash":roll:

Sorry, sarcasm is not becoming. But the description sent me off on a "This is the Alabama 3 i'm thinking of, right? :oops:

Tickets on sale a week today (friday) *drool*

A band I'm in shared the bill with the Alabama 3 at The Wickerman a couple of years ago. One of the other bands (lets call them 'Band J' :wink:) on the bill ended up supporting them at the ABC in Glasgow after pestering them for a gig. I know the band (only too!) well, so I had a guest backstage pass.

During the soundcheck, there were hardly any of the Alabama 3 members there. The soundman told me all the parts were recorded to tape, as a lot of the time the band were so 'loaded' that they can't play, or don't turn up, so they have all the backing tracks ready to go just in case

One of the Alabama 3 singers had to wear a neck brace during the gig as he had jumped off stage to hammer somebody a few nights previous, and one of the other singers disapperaed for a while at the start of the set, apparently out of his tree

After the gig, the other Alabama 3 singer and tour manager threatened to break the "Band J' singer's legs

I thought they were an OK live act. Rock n Roll (n Country n Techno) behaviour though

ENGLISH acid house band Alabama 3 will play a one off gig in Lerwick, next month.

Eh? Mind me to take me whistle and white gloves :P

Might wait a while for the "hands in the air" moment in the sopranos theme song or "Hello I'm Johnny Cash":roll:

Sorry, sarcasm is not becoming. But the description sent me off on a "This is the Alabama 3 i'm thinking of, right? :oops:

Tickets on sale a week today (friday) *drool*

Wickapedia says they are an acid house band, I didnt know anything about them so looked them up. As you say the one song I have heard from the Sopranos does not fit this, mabey it was more in their past as they formed in 1989.

During the soundcheck, there were hardly any of the Alabama 3 members there. The soundman told me all the parts were recorded to tape, as a lot of the time the band were so 'loaded' that they can't play, or don't turn up, so they have all the backing tracks ready to go just in case

Aaaaahhhh, that explains the rack of about twelve Akai samplers they dragged around with them, while only appearing to actually use two.

They do do Acid Country House stuff (see "Power in the Blood" and the much better "Exile on Coldharbour Lane") but for this tour they are playing unplugged (see "Last Train to Marshville").

21st Shetland

22nd Aberdeen

23rd Loopallu Festival in Inverness www.loopallu.co.uk

24th Glasgow King Tuts

They are a healthy slice of spiritual healing - Hopefully some madness will ensue :D

Andy 8O