Irritating TV adverts

Oh no, i'd forgotten about CONFUSED, Aaarrghh! Hate isn't a strong enough word!

There's a gadget you could make a fortune with;

An annoying advert jammer, with added insurance ad protection.

Hey, Just think how annoying you could make the advert for the jammer to get the message across! :twisted:

• Replies 351
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You could have a confused elephant driving a vehicle whilst not even bothering to look at the road or hold the steering wheel. :twisted:

Yeah, saying (in a joe pasquali voice) "Calm down dear, it's only an admiral!"

ps that money saving site looks handy, cheers for that!

"

There is a campaign HERE which aims to stop loan/debt advertising on childrens television, I suggest you all go and sign it now. For any of you who have kids then you will realise that this is the prime area of advertising for these gits. They are targeting the parents who are home through the day. The ones who more than likely have money worries and are out of work. The more serious side to this however is the fact that it affects the kids as well. They are getting it drummed into them from an early age that it is OK to borrow and live a life of debt.

Cheers,

Pooks.

I agree, but all loans adverts I'd say are verging on immoral. The "debt consolidation" type target people who are aleady in debt and encourage them to get further in debt, say be getting a holiday or a new kitchen. If you are in debt the last thing you need is more debt.

At the risk of sounding like a Daily Mail reader we need to get away from instant gratification and buy stuff when or if we can afford it. Just ask the staff at citizens advice what they think of the ease of getting loans.

As a whimsical aside to this point^, some years ago a workmate of mine was in financial dire straits and sought salvation from the, popular at the time, LOMBARD direct adverts.

A wit greater than mine soon identified that our colleague had signed up with something more like LUMBERED direct! :D

Many a true word spoken in jest, eh?

There is a campaign HERE which aims to stop loan/debt advertising on childrens television, I suggest you all go and sign it now. . . . . They are getting it drummed into them from an early age that it is OK to borrow and live a life of debt.

I checked out this website and it is a breath of fresh air in a world bombarding us with "debt solutions" involving, you guessed it, more debt. I encourage shetlinkers to click the link.

Another site I recommend is The Motley Fool at www.fool.co.uk which is also about beating the financial establishments at their own game.

It was only when I worked in a bank for 6 months that I learned that the entire industry is target-driven, ie staff are pushed to "sell" a certain number of products like loans, credit cards, current/savings accounts, mortgages etc per month. The monthly collated figures are then circulated around all the branches in the country in a league-table with winner-status for the top-selling branches and humiliation for the lowest sales-achievers. As you would imagine, this results in Managers whipping their staff into peddling as much debt as possible irrespective of whether this is damaging for the customer or not. Weekly training meetings are held (ever wondered why some Lerwick branches open later one day a week?) where staff are trained to pick up on clues in a customer's transactions as openers for pre-written scripts to start the sales pitch. These are designed to look as if they're just being your mate and offering you some better deal for your benefit. Really they are keeping their manager off their back and thinking of their personal and branch targets like everyone else in there.

So next time you're in a branch and they say to you something like...

"I see you've been using your overdraft a lot recently, did you know you're far better off using a credit card account for any extra spending you have over Christmas, say? I could just arrange that for you here and now if you like, it'd be no bother at all?"

...get wise.

This morning brought the unfortunate news on gm.tv that a man sooth was found dead by suicide after receiving the court order from his bank that the house was about to be repossessed because he was 7 months behind in his mortgage payments, and owed about £5000.

That's it, i've finally spat the dummy! :x

Sheila's Wheels was a bare-able outrage but now "Diamond" is back too.

So, can someone please explain to me what part of 'equal rights' these companies do not flout. Would we get away with a men only insurance company. I can't understand it. Yeah, i know women are statistically better drivers but under equal rights regulations these companies surely must be open to men all be it for higher premiums. Right?

No! Surely it is down to a drivers individual merit?

Somebody stop me...... :(