655,000 dead: The toll of war in Iraq

"I welcome that Saddam Hussein and the other defendants have faced justice and have been held to account for their crimes.

Appalling crimes were committed by Saddam Hussein's regime. It is right that those accused of such crimes against the Iraqi people should face Iraqi justice."

- UK FOREIGN SECRETARY MARGARET BECKETT

I bet she won't be so welcoming if she and her colleagues in the government are held to account over their illegal invasion of Iraq. and should her crimes against the Iraq people see her facing Iraqi justice?

HRW estimates 100,000 People were killed during the Al-Anfal ethnic cleansing Campaign in Iraq. What was this threads title?

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did anyone see Blair losing his cool on being repeatedly asked if by supporting the verdict of Sadam Husseins execution the Labour government were condoning the death penalty.

A truly twisted scenario. "We say this, America(Iraq) says that, we cast aside our 'inherent' values as a result. Please don't notice, it'll be all done and by with soon."

It had such a profound affect on me i feel like posting it in the Blair thread too. Stupid puppet. Should've thought ahead Tony.

Guest Anonymous

I must say that i agree with stans comments on page 2.

And by the way am not racist, but i am against religous extremism that uses violence to spread it's message. unfortunatly Iraq & what seems to me like most of the middle east is full of ignorant religous twatts with we heads foo o sharn. Equally bad america's ruling elite are also are also badly infected with this problem but at the other end of the spectrum from these muslim nuts, they have the right wing evangilist's and if you see those f**ker's on t.v it freaks you out a bit, when you realise a lot of them hold top jobs in the government!

And of course there are the jews who are a law unto themselves, and have broken many a u.n resolution .

religion it's what it all boils down to as long as the human being is to ignorant and feeble of mind to give up this sharn , then multidude's on every side will continue to be dipatched violently to meet there maker

F**KING GOOD LUCK TO THEM

Its been going on for thousands of years now and im glad im hed nothing to do we it ..........amen.

I must say that i agree with stans comments on page 2.

And by the way am not racist, but i am against religous extremism that uses violence to spread it's message. unfortunatly Iraq & what seems to me like most of the middle east is full of ignorant religous twatts with we heads foo o sharn. Equally bad america's ruling elite are also are also badly infected with this problem but at the other end of the spectrum from these muslim nuts, they have the right wing evangilist's and if you see those f**ker's on t.v it freaks you out a bit, when you realise a lot of them hold top jobs in the government!

And of course there are the jews who are a law unto themselves, and have broken many a u.n resolution .

religion it's what it all boils down to as long as the human being is to ignorant and feeble of mind to give up this sharn , then multidude's on every side will continue to be dipatched violently to meet there maker

F**KING GOOD LUCK TO THEM

Its been going on for thousands of years now and im glad im hed nothing to do we it ..........amen.

8O

"unfortunatly Iraq & what seems to me like most of the middle east is full of ignorant religous twatts with we heads foo o sharn."

Nice generalisation...

"And of course there are the jews who are a law unto themselves, and have broken many a u.n resolution."

Ever heard of anti-semitism?

:? Hmm, yes droilker, and how do you think us shallow, materialistic, selfish, exploitative, arrogant, ignorant, hypocrites appear to the muslim nations. Pot, kettle black, we are no better than they are in the general scheme of things i'm afraid. We may well think we are, but that's a tough argument to prove.

And as to religion and "the feeble of mind geeing up that sh**e" Does that mean that you are asserting yourself as intellectually superior by not exercising a religious belief system? I'd enjoy hearing your proof of that.

religion it's what it all boils down

Not really

this is all about geopolitics, control over natural resources, political egoism and America saying to the rest of the world "look! dont pootle with us! we do what we want, when we want" - and absoultely NOTHING to do with human rights and caring for the oppressed.

Religion is a smokescreem to muster (to a degree) domestic support for such violent actions.

The US administration + Blair (and Spain at the time) really have foot-sucked this one up - big time! Look to Mardid bombing and London Underground bombing as example of what happens.

Millions of people marched right past Blair's home and place of work predicting exactly what is now unfolding. Now none of them (Buturdes and Blairturdes) can back down as it a huge house of cards.

Rumsfeld has resigned - hopefully this is the begining........

Bunch of wigwams!!! :D :D

Hiyi AV me auld mucker - agree with lots of that, and no doubt lots of non-religious aspects at play. But ask those who are having their homes destroyed and families killed what is the main factor behind the war, and there will be no mention of geopolitics. They pray to Allah to avenge the illegal war.

No doubt as you previously mentioned that there is some serious blood on the hands of our leaders, and each and every MP who has not opposed the occupation.

Guest Anonymous

yes I admit that my last statement was a bit poorly worded, i am sure there are many good people in all the countries embroiled in this madness

and that they wish it could all come to an end .

I have nothing against religion in general and have many friends that are active believers in various branches of religion , and also one pal who actually thinks he is a god and can control the weather, perhaps he would be catagorized as an extremeist , but he has never killed or maimed any body yet and that was what i was trying to get at.

I am not trying to say i am intellectually superior than any of these peolpe , i am sure a lot of those young men who wear dress up in dynamite waistcoats are deeper thinkers than me, but what they have convinced themselves/ been convinced is a deranged and distorted version of religion , this is what i meant by haeds foo o sh**e.

AS for the remark about jews , well to state that they have broken many a united nation's resolution regarding various episodes in the conflict and occupying territory is true is it not? and surely not an anti semitic remark? , well i didn,t mean it to be and the state of israel is more or less a jewish state or so i am led to believe. , but sometimes it seems you cant criticise them at all with out being branded anti semitic , i suppose thats still so sensitive after WW2,and yes i suppose you can understand why they hit back so heavy when somebody attacks them, when ww2 is sill a relitively fresh memory

. But i dont think it will ever end unfortunately as long as the young are being passed down the hatred from there parents .

one pal who actually thinks he is a god and can control the weather, perhaps he would be catagorized as an extremeist , but he has never killed or maimed any body yet

What about them giant hailstones? - they may have maimed someone - if he is god that is :wink: :wink:

suppose thats still so sensitive after WW2,and yes i suppose you can understand why they hit back so heavy when somebody attacks them, when ww2 is sill a relitively fresh memory

What about the "fresh" memories of Arabs and those in many other countries around the world who have been bombed by western powers (first hand or by proxy) since WW2??

WW2/holocaust is not an excuse for hitting back hard. Some of Israels activities can be construed as encompasing elements of Nazism! No?

http://somebodyhelpme.info/cartoons/anti-Semitic/ADL/egypt1_07_04.gif

http://thebluestate.typepad.com/my_weblog/images/piccartoon071406israel.gif

In this whole situation it is the disgraceful, repugnant and unabashedly ill-informed hypocricy that really gets my goat! http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/images/smilies/angry.gif http://www.aberdeen-music.com/forums/images/smilies/angry.gif and the offical statements from all the Blairturdes that are an insult to my (and your) intelligence!!! :twisted: :twisted:

AS for the remark about jews , well to state that they have broken many a united nation's resolution regarding various episodes in the conflict and occupying territory is true is it not? and surely not an anti semitic remark? , well i didn,t mean it to be and the state of israel is more or less a jewish state or so i am led to believe. , but sometimes it seems you cant criticise them at all with out being branded anti semitic , i suppose thats still so sensitive after WW2,and yes i suppose you can understand why they hit back so heavy when somebody attacks them, when ww2 is sill a relitively fresh memory

. But i dont think it will ever end unfortunately as long as the young are being passed down the hatred from there parents .

Well you didn't actually say you were talking about Israel. You just said "jews" which suggested you were talking about them in general.

• 4 weeks later...

Remember where you heard it first!

The war in Iraq is due to end before Xmas. The troops have all asked if they can be with their wives/husbands/families etc. etc. for xmas and have come up with a plan of how this can be achieved and security remain in Iraq.

Apparently the troops will leave Iraq on December 23rd to be replaced by all of the members of the House of Commons and Lords who will be taking over the troops' patrols. For some reason our politicians have now decided that the war in Iraq is not all that important after all and so we will be surrendering and accepting it as a glorious defeat.