Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

As I stated before if you want things changed get on the Association, there are plenty of available places available. The arguement that this is a Lerwick conspiricy to keep the Lerwick teams of the bottom is pathetic. They are well outnumbered by the country clubs including my beloved Delting. Its a goog job you've got chips on both shoulders, its will ensure you walk straight.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As I stated before if you want things changed get on the Association, there are plenty of available places available. The arguement that this is a Lerwick conspiricy to keep the Lerwick teams of the bottom is pathetic. They are well outnumbered by the country clubs including my beloved Delting. Its a goog job you've got chips on both shoulders, its will ensure you walk straight.

well said, its got nothing to do with lerwick teams not wanting to finish bottom.

say next season yell and burra finished below spurs, spurs players would hardly be like yes at least we didnt finish bottom! playes/teams want a larger more competitive league cause last year having 6 teams was a joke as we were playing same team about 5/6 times including cups!!

Not sure if it was me that you were having a go at Kirsty? I actually think the SFA do an excellent job at organising football in the isles and agree there is absolutely no bias towards town teams. I do have a problem with how they are attempting to restructure it though as i believe, sorry to bleat, it will be detrimental to juvenile and junior football and thus impact greatly on senior football in the future.

I do have a problem with how they are attempting to restructure it though as i believe, sorry to bleat, it will be detrimental to juvenile and junior football and thus impact greatly on senior football in the future.

Sorry if I appear dim but can you explain why please?

Like i said before i believe that a club should be promoting football through every age group from juvenile to senior. That's not been considered by SFA and i believe will have a big effect on football provision through the isles. Say for example a club is stretched for numbers at juvenile/junior level within a few years this will impact on the senior side.

Geoffrey was misquoted in the Shetland Times.

Isn't it funny that when something back fires they blame someone else. If you are going to take a stance in life and are prepared to stand up and shout be prepared for the bullets.

I was at a meeting of the SFA when GP said very clearly that it was Unst and nothing else as far as "he" was concerned. There was no doubt what he felt about “independence†v Northern Rovers. Just a pity that almost everyone you speak to says the same thing, for the good of all the players and A and B Northern Rovers is the way FORWARD.

PS. The same applies to Burra and Scalloway.

I feel I must reply to what you are implying here.

Geoffrey was simply following what Unst FA majority had decided before the meeting.

Nothing he said back fired in any way as he did nothing wrong unlike some others at the meeting.

He had the full support of the Unst FA who felt they were being pushed into something they did not want to do.

What I was talking about was not about the meeting, but was about the Shetland Times saying,Geoffrey Priest said no Yell player would get into the Unst first team.

This was misquoted!

It is not unusual to be misquoted by a newspaper, it has happened to me before.

This has not helped the relationship between the North Isles Teams this year.

Northern Rovers may happen in the future, but I doubt it will be this year.

Geoffrey was misquoted in the Shetland Times.

Isn't it funny that when something back fires they blame someone else. If you are going to take a stance in life and are prepared to stand up and shout be prepared for the bullets.

I was at a meeting of the SFA when GP said very clearly that it was Unst and nothing else as far as "he" was concerned. There was no doubt what he felt about “independence†v Northern Rovers. Just a pity that almost everyone you speak to says the same thing, for the good of all the players and A and B Northern Rovers is the way FORWARD.

PS. The same applies to Burra and Scalloway.

I feel I must reply to what you are implying here.

Geoffrey was simply following what Unst FA majority had decided before the meeting.

Nothing he said back fired in any way as he did nothing wrong unlike some others at the meeting.

He had the full support of the Unst FA who felt they were being pushed into something they did not want to do.

What I was talking about was not about the meeting, but was about the Shetland Times saying,Geoffrey Priest said no Yell player would get into the Unst first team.

This was misquoted!

It is not unusual to be misquoted by a newspaper, it has happened to me before.

This has not helped the relationship between the North Isles Teams this year.

Northern Rovers may happen in the future, but I doubt it will be this year.

So it's not a hard and fast "no"?

I'm afraid Baxter may b rite spency7. Ur boys might just have to go it alone and see how it goes this year, although i think most people outside the Northern Isles would like to see a N.Rovers side. There's some great young players there that could produce a very strong side in a few years time.

Do u know wat u Yell boys will do if u can't sustain a senior side in the A league this year? Look for other clubs i mean?

Northern Rovers will happen in the future if both groups of players and clubs want that. I think we have established that this season is not the time as Unst prefer to have a go themselves.

As I have pointed out previously, their are many practical obstacles which MUST be overcome through discussion and ORGANISATION by both clubs. This is a long way off at the moment as far as I can see.

As regards this season, it could be tough for both sides but I think if they keep their best team on the pitch that Unst might just do OK?

Yell may struggle a bit more as they probably have less on the bench.

If Yell really feel their is a possibility they won't fulfill their fixtures they must act before the season starts. If they start but cannot complete the season they will attract serious criticism from the SFA ( especially the fixtures secretary).

Yell appear to have been in disaray in comparison with Unst over the past few years. Apparently Unst could have been in similar disaray had it not been for Geoffrey Priest taking up the reigns when he did. Unst owe him a lot for his work getting a team on the pitch every week and organising the club.

You are bang on about the junior team. it Has been mainly unst volunteers who have made that happen.

What everyone should realise is the massive commitment made by anyone managing/coaching at any level, especially in the Isles. I have heard some Lerwick based officials discussing the difficulty in finding willing volunteers due to the level of commitment required. If you are a coach in the isles you can double it.

A Northern Rovers CLUB with teams at all age groups simply will not attract the volunteers required to make it successful at the moment.