Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

Soonds lik Thistle are in a similar situation as da 2 north isles clubs den, could be an interestin season. There is no way dat if unst an yell can pat oot a first team in most games they will struggle. The a league this year will be full o compettioin, especially at the bottom as thistle, spurs, burra, ness, unst an yell will be fairly equal i wid think.[/b]

thistle are not gonna be fairly equal with yell, our B team beat them 7-1 last season.

i would think that delting and whalsay will battle for title, then thistle/celtic/whitedale/scalloway/spurs battling for 3rd and ness/burra/unst and yell after that.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

no to sure Commodore, It soonds lik Thistle ir lost a few players ( Gary burns asweel?) an Yell shudna be underestimated we Saunders at the helm as deyl be a different proposition.

Sorry to return to the never ending Northern Rovers debate but there is no doubt that currently an Unst team wid be a better team as a Northern Rovers team. InGodfreyWeTrust!!!!!

no to sure Commodore, It soonds lik Thistle ir lost a few players ( Gary burns asweel?) an Yell shudna be underestimated we Saunders at the helm as deyl be a different proposition.

Sorry to return to the never ending Northern Rovers debate but there is no doubt that currently an Unst team wid be a better team as a Northern Rovers team. InGodfreyWeTrust!!!!!

even after losing players there is still a strong base of outfield players which if everyone stays fit will do quite well - Michael Johnson, Gary Teale, Kevin Teale, David Mann, Scott Morrison, Stevie Michael, Kevin Gifford, Richard Manson, Paul Nicol, Craig Gerty

even after losing players there is still a strong base of outfield players which if everyone stays fit will do quite well - Michael Johnson, Gary Teale, Kevin Teale, David Mann, Scott Morrison, Stevie Michael, Kevin Gifford, Richard Manson, Paul Nicol, Craig Gerty

Lack of a keeper noted.

I'm not too sure about your predictions either commodore. It sounds like Thistle could really struggle next season. I think Delting will be stronger, Whalsay much the same as last year then I wouldn't be surprised if Whitedale were the surprise package of the league and finish 3rd. After that I'd expect everyone to be capable of beating one another, perhaps sadly with the exception of Yell who unless they accept that their going to have to go it alone and face up to the challenge in hand, they will ultimately prop up the table.

After that I'd expect everyone to be capable of beating one another, perhaps sadly with the exception of Yell who unless they accept that their going to have to go it alone and face up to the challenge in hand, they will ultimately prop up the table.

Im sorry - Whit?

Yell will enter da A league in April dis season, dat's happenin', end o story. Wir (albeit very limited) squad keens it's happenin', an' training has been underway as usual. "Facing up to the challenge" (which nobody asked fur) dusna mak wir squad get any older or bigger.

All dat's been pointed oot on dis forums is dat Yell believe it's unrealistic tae expect a young team short on numbers tae compete at da top level, and dat we think it wid be a better prospect for both Unst and Yell tae form Northern Rovers. Dat's no happenin' - Fair enough.

P.S. Commodore - Scott Morrison is a Yell boy...

After that I'd expect everyone to be capable of beating one another, perhaps sadly with the exception of Yell who unless they accept that their going to have to go it alone and face up to the challenge in hand, they will ultimately prop up the table.

Im sorry - Whit?

Yell will enter da A league in April dis season, dat's happenin', end o story. Wir (albeit very limited) squad keens it's happenin', an' training has been underway as usual. "Facing up to the challenge" (which nobody asked fur) dusna mak wir squad get any older or bigger.

All dat's been pointed oot on dis forums is dat Yell believe it's unrealistic tae expect a young team short on numbers tae compete at da top level, and dat we think it wid be a better prospect for both Unst and Yell tae form Northern Rovers. Dat's no happenin' - Fair enough.

P.S. Commodore - Scott Morrison is a Yell boy...

dont think people seem to understand what ur saying spencey :?

Yell ARE gonna go into the A league but they dont want to play there as they know squad isnt strong enough, ideally u guys want to have northern rovers but that wont happen this season. thats pretty much the story, yell have accepted what they have to do and are getting on with training etc.

p.s. but he plays for us :wink:

I think that this season could be interesting with Delting and Whalsay at the top by a mile.

Celtic and Whitdale next followed by a pack of Spurs,Thistle,Unst and Burra in any order.

Thistle look the weakest of the town teams.

Yell will be bottom but other teams will take points off each other.Yell may cause a cup upset at home.

I will be surprised if Yell finish the season, but that could also happen to other clubs.

....if everyone stays fit will do quite well - Michael Johnson, Gary Teale, Kevin Teale, David Mann, Scott Morrison, Stevie Michael, Kevin Gifford, Richard Manson, Paul Nicol, Craig Gerty

Do you know what fit means ? It doesn't mean a stone overweight and scooping up pints at the weekend !!

I think you maybe meant capable of turning up to play in the case of Shetland standard football for non Coonty players.

Is that not a bit unfair on those thistle players?! I'm sure if u took 10 players from some o the other squads im sure the same could be applied, some senior teams probably have even more unfit culprits!

In fact can u not find most o da senior league players scooping up at the weekends? County players included! 8O

Is that not a bit unfair on those thistle players?! I'm sure if u took 10 players from some o the other squads im sure the same could be applied, some senior teams probably have even more unfit culprits!

In fact can u not find most o da senior league players scooping up at the weekends? County players included! 8O

Exactly right. Shetland football is really pub league football.

....if everyone stays fit will do quite well - Michael Johnson, Gary Teale, Kevin Teale, David Mann, Scott Morrison, Stevie Michael, Kevin Gifford, Richard Manson, Paul Nicol, Craig Gerty

Do you know what fit means ? It doesn't mean a stone overweight and scooping up pints at the weekend !!

I think you maybe meant capable of turning up to play in the case of Shetland standard football for non Coonty players.

i was obviously meaning if players dont get injured, e.g. craig gerty last season was prone to hamstring injuries cause of his speed and only played 8 games