Shetland Fitba AGM

spencey7

I'm just adding another post here so that we can all see that despite the politics, wind power, the weather and crime etc on this site it is clear to all that despite what many think and spout, football is indeed the people's game and the most singularly important thing on earth.

:wink:

Bye.

• Replies 682
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spency7, do you really not think that rovers B would be a farce

if it were to be played in the excuse for a b league, that is going to be

in existence in shetland this summer. maybe they should join the works league as northern galaxy.

all power to unst trying to stay alive in an appropriate and competitive league. maybe the yell boys and other communities in shetland should be fighting for this right before it is well and truley buried in the annals of history.

unst and yell both having teams will see 50-60 players involved this season, rovers a and b would see this drop well below 40.

hows dat?

all a and b team combos such as thistle, scalloway and delting

have always used a mix of players to make up both teams. the 3 signed players rule dosna mean there will no be 4, 5, 6 or more or players involved in a and b squads in back to back games.

an unst/yell mix with say 20 'good' players -fit and keen- and 11 of them signed. would still see the other 9 and 3 of the signed players making up the first 12 of the b team. fact.

of course there will be injuries etc but will this push the number of players over 40?

and i know yell are struggling ee noo but it is surely best to keep as many players active as possible.

WHeesht someone just told me, and I quote "That is a terrible, terrible post which says nothing."

In a way I agree that football is the most important thing, however all football fans know that.

:wink:

Ciao

Thanks for that, and tell the post Police I am delighted with the feedback.

Just a shameless attempt to streach the thread.

I really don't see how the arguments about the number of players getting a game for Northern Rovers B works. Surely a Northern Rovers B Team would help support and strengthen the first team, as opposed to having two A teams with no reserve pools.

Personaly I think part of the problem in Shetland is lack of ambition. It's not about how many players are involved, it's more important that the standard of football in Shetland starts to improve. The attitude shown by the two young Delts is exactly what is needed, ie, players who want to prove themselves. It's fairly clear Delting rate the players so hopefully their ambition will be rewarded by getting them involved with the A team squad.

so with less than 24 hours to the game the main headlines are as follows:

Unst 21-0 Yell goal scorers were... eh hmmm oh sorry thats damorns headline!! :oops: :oops: :lol: :wink: :wink:

wats the final comments no knew revolutions in the yell camp, rumours that they are goin to pull oot on the 11th hour, is this true?? :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

I have said before that there is no such thing as an easy game, Yell know this and believe me so should unst. Any thing can happen in the beautiful game and these players are old enough and wise enough to know this.

Nufsta your coment was a bit over the top, I presume it was meant to be a joke.

8) 8) 8)

I think Unst will win!

I understand that Yell is fielding a very young team.

Fair play on Yell for playing the fixture.

It does not look good if they can not field a full strength team at the start of the season.

This is what Spency7 has been tring to tell us since last year.

I hope for Yells sake it is not more than 5.

But who knows the football might come with a shock result but I doubt it.

Anybody know the result of last nights games?

It has to be said yell were a bit of an organised shambles, to say the least, 11 players, Only 8 strips and 11-1 to Unst and to be honest with a fine day it could have been more. :o :D :lol:

However a good start for Unst who I believe are top of the league :lol: (sadly it probably won't last) :!: