Shetland Football Team

Sango

Im Setting up a challange on a football managment game of making shetland and taking them from a non-league status to be spl champions, now i know it sounds unlikely but its for a bit of fun. Anyways i have the team made and stadium & kits etc.. sorted but what awaits is the actually squad.

i was wondering if anyone would be albe to tell me players posistions, that is all i am needing as i found the island games website with d.o.b & pics etc...for all the players who took part. If you know of anyone who has since joined the squad could you please tell me as much about them as possible.

I Also require back-room staff eg. coaches, physio, chairmen? etc...

thank you very much in advanced

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Duncan Bray

Ian Bray

Craig Dinwoodie

Alan Duncan

Leighton Flaws

Robert Geddes

Stuart Hay

Merv Jamieson

Ross Jamieson

Michael Johnson

James Johnson

Kevin Main

Dominic Mann

John Montgomery

Peter Peterson

Stuart Smith

Steven Umphray

Karl Williamson

Bobby Wiseman

i know a few retired but this is from the island games so please dont be too hard on me :roll:

Duncan Bray Mid/Forward Right/Left

Ian Bray Midfield Centre

Craig Dinwoodie GK

Alan Duncan Mid Centre

Leighton Flaws Right Back/Right Mid

Robert Geddes Centre Mid

Stuart Hay Mid/Forward Right/Left/Centre

Merv Jamieson Centre Back

Ross Jamieson Mid Centre

Michael Johnson Left Back

James Johnson Mid/Forward Right/Left/Centre

Kevin Main Centre Back

Dominic Mann Mid/Forward Centre

John Montgomery Centre Back

Peter Peterson Def/Mid Right/Left

Stuart Smith Mid/Forward Right/Left

Steven Umphray Striker

Karl Williamson Defensive Midfield

Bobby Wiseman GK

Ross McDougall Striker

Im not sure but i think that michael Johnson is the only left footed player in that squad.

Duncan Bray Mid/Forward Right/Left

Ian Bray Midfield Centre

Craig Dinwoodie GK

Alan Duncan Mid Centre

Leighton Flaws Right Back/Right Mid

Robert Geddes Centre Mid

Stuart Hay Mid/Forward Right/Left/Centre

Merv Jamieson Centre Back

Ross Jamieson Mid Centre

Michael Johnson Left Back

James Johnson Mid/Forward Right/Left/Centre

Kevin Main Centre Back

Dominic Mann Mid/Forward Centre

John Montgomery Centre Back

Peter Peterson Def/Mid Right/Left

Stuart Smith Mid/Forward Right/Left

Steven Umphray Striker

Karl Williamson Defensive Midfield

Bobby Wiseman GK

Ross McDougall Striker

Im not sure but i think that michael Johnson is the only left footed player in that squad.

Brilliant! Cheers!!

• 3 weeks later...

Just read da shetland times and the squad dat new manager John Johnson has selected.

Craig Dinwoodie, Alan Duncan, Leighton Flaws, Peter Peterson, Merv Jamieson, Kevin Main, Ross Jamieson, Ross McDougall, Stuart Hay, Brian Duncan, Danny Peterson (Delting); Bobby Wiseman, Paul Grant, Ryan Grant, Ross Moncrieff, Dominic Mann, Jordan Webb, Jordan Hunter, Joe Leask (Celtic); Steven Henry, Martin Clark (Whitedale); Grant Thompson, Richard Arthur, Karl Williamson, Ian Simpson, Stuart Shearer, Michael Williamson, Ross Irvine (Whalsay); Bryan Johnson, Steven Umphray, Alan Davidson (Scalloway); John R. Burgess, Eric Peterson, Shaun Grogan (Ness United); Laurence Pearson (Burra); Scott Morrison, Gary Burns, David Mann (Thistle); James Johnston (Spurs).

Whats everyones opinion on the new managers choice?

yup, costacurta, seaman & stanley Matthews also, its usually because either they are still in the prime or that they are a good vibe & good experience for the team. but usually it tends to be the keepers & defenders, especially in italy where they play for many years just because they have learnt all the tricks in the trade and can pass them on to the next generation.

Well remember hes the New manager and this is just training so from what i see, hes just wanting to see what he has avaliable for him. and 7 goalies, thats most of the goalies in the league there so obviously hes a little curiosu about that position

I can think o a few that have been slightly overlooked in my opinion

Kevin Nicolson. Gary Tulloch, Duncan Anderson and Jamie Wilson fae Whitedale. Paul Henderson fae Unst.

There are more i'm sure that would be honoured to even train wi the coonty squad and no have any chance o being selected.

yes i agree with u hellsbells there are a few that have been overlooked, duncan and jamie i would def say. Give paul another year or 2 i would say.

The only reason he has picked 7 goalkeepers joe is the fact that he was a keeper himself! and a very good one at that.

There are a few surprises in there but i think on a whole he has made good choices.