Councillor spends £9,835 on taxis!

Styles

Should she just be paid mileage?  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Should she just be paid mileage?

• Yes
    • No
    • Not Sure

I suspect however, that many of the meetings attended by councillors are at 'odd' times and that for someone who does not drive it will be difficult to jump on the bus.

Undoubtably there are times when this would be the case but more often than not they are through the day , and the times Ive seen various councillors drittling into the town between 9 and 10.30 they sure dont have to punch a time clock OR have an early start. Our flo coulda been in town for 8.45 on da bus , had a driving lesson , cup o tea ect long before any desperatly urgent council meeting requireing her presence.

Anyhow she should have a licence and a suitable vehicle to discharge her duties , as it said in some sic job vacancy in the times recently.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I suspect however, that many of the meetings attended by councillors are at 'odd' times and that for someone who does not drive it will be difficult to jump on the bus.

Undoubtably there are times when this would be the case but more often than not they are through the day , and the times Ive seen various councillors drittling into the town between 9 and 10.30 they sure dont have to punch a time clock OR have an early start. Our flo coulda been in town for 8.45 on da bus , had a driving lesson , cup o tea ect long before any desperatly urgent council meeting requireing her presence.

Anyhow she should have a licence and a suitable vehicle to discharge her duties , as it said in some sic job vacancy in the times recently.

Whit's da maetir wi shanks pony, oniewy? Hit's nae waak ava ta da toon fae dere. :evil:

I don't feel she "has" to have a driving licence, there could be many reasons people don't drive.

But I can't see why she gets the preferential treatment by being chauffered to council meetings and doesn't just get paid mileage like everyone else, its not as if she gets paid peanuts!!

^^^ You're right, as far as I'm aware possessing a Driving Licence is not a pre-requisite of being eligible to stand as a Councillor.

However....I do hope, to preserve her own integrity, Mrs Grains always made sure over all these years, that she made it crystal clear each and every election to the people she was inviting to vote her in to the office, the level of liability she was likely to incur on the public purse due to her personal transport circumstances.

My thoughts on this is that no coucillor no matter what should be using the publics money to ferry them around, if Cllr Grians had used the local bus services she would of got on for free as she is an OAP!!

And as for her excuse in not using the bus service because it is not good enough, well why doese she not fix it, is that not what she is getting paid for?????

What does she think a mother/father who cannot drive living in the west side do when they need to go shopping?

^^^ Of course....but isn't "dunna duh is I duh, bit duh is I tell dee" always practised more and more heavily the higher a person climbs within most organisations.

Now we get to the crux o the matter , The thought that they are "High" up , these people are there to serve us not the other way round and only when they see and realise that will this kinda nonsense stop , far too many people in the sic with an exaggerated view of their own importance. :evil:

Maybe they should take a leaf oot o Allison Duncans book , I see in the times he's been busy trying to find out about care for the elderly and see why the sic has made such a bags o it. :D :D :D

:shock: If she has a history of things like this, then WHY in poo's name did folk vote for her then..... all the folks that have voted for her have put her in this... ummmm position of being able to abuse the system and skin us all at the same time. :evil:

The thing is... most of us have to come and go on less than what she spends on frivalities a year!!!!

Finally though... you put someone on top of the cake... DONT get p**sed off when they eat the cherry!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Must be great to have that much money at your disposal .... :roll:

http://2photo.ru/uploads/posts/1182250006_et1koec21.jpg

[mod]I have changed the image to a link as it was messing up the forums width[/mod]

• 6 months later...
My thoughts on this is that no coucillor no matter what should be using the publics money to ferry them around, if Cllr Grians had used the local bus services she would of got on for free as she is an OAP!!

And as for her excuse in not using the bus service because it is not good enough, well why doese she not fix it, is that not what she is getting paid for?????

What does she think a mother/father who cannot drive living in the west side do when they need to go shopping?

My thoughts exactly. And even if the bus is as unreliable as she feels surely there are a quite a few times the bus enters, leaves the town that would work well for her. Like those nine o'clock meetings. The bus gets in with plenty of time to make it up to the town hall for that.

• 3 weeks later...