Shetlink Problems

I'm getting the following when I use the Shetlink search facility:

We're sorry...

... but your computer or network may be sending automated queries. To protect our users, we can't process your request right now.

See Google Help for more information.

Searching directly from Google works fine, so I assume this must be something to do with the search originating from the Shetlink server and not associated with my own network.

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, the top right search facility is a google/site based search - google will stop users from searching too quickly consecutively or if it thinks an IP is attempting too many connections /slash/ a mixture of both. It's a 'feature' of that service.

The workaround for dealing with these site specific search boxes failing is to perform the search directly from Google while limiting it to the specific domain. So to search Shetlink for a term you should add the following text to the main Google query box:

site:shetlink.com

Similarly, to search the SIC site:

site:shetland.gov.uk

• 3 months later...
Guest Anonymous
why is the search on shetlink not its a real pain having to scroll through everything to find what you need can this be fixed?
Not,

What?

Can you really not work it out?