Harry Hayes Auctions

BigMouth

As I no longer live in Shetland I don't know about the frequency of the sales. I seem to remember them being on a Wednesday, with a viewing on Tuesday, but things may have changed now.

It's not only furniture. My brother went there one time to buy a cooker, and to the annoyance of his wife, came home with a canoe :shock:

Next one is on Wednesday (18th July). Viewing Tuesday evening. What is for sale depends on what people put in the auction but usually household goods, antiques and collectables and all manner of odd things. I think Harry more or less holds auctions when the sale room is getting full. Worth going for the experience even if you do not buy anything.

Whatever it is, if it's in the building Harry is likely to try and sell it, so don't sit or lean on anything in one spot too long, you never know who might try and take you home claiming they'd bought you along with the old chair, box of fusty books, sheep's head or whatever.... :wink:

Whatever it is, if it's in the building Harry is likely to try and sell it, so don't sit or lean on anything in one spot too long, you never know who might try and take you home claiming they'd bought you along with the old chair, box of fusty books, sheep's head or whatever.... :wink:

If she is a stunner I might just let her!!

Next one is on Wednesday (18th July). Viewing Tuesday evening. What is for sale depends on what people put in the auction but usually household goods, antiques and collectables and all manner of odd things. I think Harry more or less holds auctions when the sale room is getting full. Worth going for the experience even if you do not buy anything.

Thanks a lot.

I had a look in the Shetland Times but couldn't see it advertised, but it may be there and I didn't spot it.

What time is the viewing and the auction - any idea?

What time is the viewing and the auction - any idea?

Don't have a Times to to hand to check, but the viewing always used to be on the previous evening (Tuesday), between 5-7pm, or 6-8pm *maybe*, auctions used to start at either 5 or 6pm, and went on until the goods, or Harry's voice gave out as best I recall, but don't quote me on that, as it may be different these days and/or my memory may be playing tricks.

If it's advertised is the paper it'll be in the 'Auctioneer's Announcements' column, which notoriously always gets squeezed in in some odd corner literally almost anywhere in the paper.