Call To Deport Yobs To Shetland

wally jumblat

Check this out:

http://www.guardian-series.co.uk/mostpopular.var.1665685.mostviewed.yobs_warned_to_shape_up_or_get_out.php

THE BOROUGH'S top policeman has warned yobs he would pack them off to the Shetland Islands' if he had the power.

Borough Commander, Dave Grant, made the comments during Redbridge Council's area one committee meeting on Monday night, where he said his officers would use every power at their disposal, including eviction, to rid the borough of anti-social behaviour.

Chf Insp Grant pulled no punches during an impassioned speech, warning potential troublemakers he was out to get them' if they stepped out of line.

He said: "If you want to be a yob we will do everything within our power, quite legally, to deal with you.

"If you cause trouble in Redbridge you can rest assured that one way or another we will get you and we will pull out all the stops to ensure you change your behaviour.

"Yobs causing anti-social behaviour should be prepared to face the consequences, and should be packed off to an island in the Shetlands as far as I'm concerned."

advertisementChf Insp Grant highlighted the importance of preventing youngsters falling into a life of crime, pointing to the increasing co-operation between his officers and the borough's Youth Offending Team (YOT), which works with teenagers to end their criminal behaviour.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

and should be packed off to an island in the Shetlands as far as I'm concerned."

May I suggest the Ve Skerries would be extremely suitable.... :twisted:

....oh, and we'd of course need to charge Redbridge a rental per yob "farmed" for them in this way, I'm thinking if they started negotiations with an offer of over £1 Million per yob accepted, we might be able to eventually negotiate a suitable contract.

I don't think taking all the 'yobs' and chucking them on someone else's doorstep is really a way of dealing with things.

Redbridge Borough has a collection of four police stations of which Dave Grant is the Commander. The addresses for these stations should you wish to file a compaint are:-

Ilford Police Station - 020 8478 1123

270 - 294 High Road

Ilford

Essex

IG1 1GT

Email: RedbridgePolice-JI@met.police.uk

Opening times: 24 hours a day

Barkingside Police Station - 020 8478 1123

1 High Street

Barkingside

Essex

IG6 1QB

Wanstead Police Station - 020 8478 1123

Spratt Hall Road

Wanstead

London

E11 2RQ

Opening times: Monday to Friday 0700 - 2300 Saturday 1000 -1800 closed Sunday

Woodford Police Station - 020 8478 1123

509 High Road

Woodford Green

Essex

IG8 0SR

Alternatively contact the Met Police direct:-

Complaints Dept.

Metropolitan Police Service

New Scotland Yard

Broadway

London

SW1H 0BG

I don't think taking all the 'yobs' and chucking them on someone else's doorstep is really a way of dealing with things.

Redbridge Borough has a collection of four police stations of which Dave Grant is the Commander. The addresses for these stations should you wish to file a compaint are:-

Jeez, it wuz just a joke/throwaway remark.. ! :D

Yeah that's what I was thinking.

I'm sure I've read on here suggestions to banish people to remote islands for whatever crime, he was just doing the same and giving a name as an example. I know that's not what he literally said, but I'm not going to take this semi-rant literally, I don't think he was seriously suggesting any of our isles be used to punish criminals.

A throw away remark it may be, but he did specifically say the 'Shetlands'. I am sure that if I was commenting on such a thing at a Council meeting which the Guardian later reported on, then he wouldn't be delighted at me saying, "If it was possible I would take all the yobs and send them to Redbridge."

Ilford Police Station - 020 8478 1123

270 - 294 High Road

Ilford

Essex

IG1 1GT

Barkingside Police Station - 020 8478 1123

1 High Street

Barkingside

Essex

IG6 1QB

Wanstead Police Station - 020 8478 1123

Spratt Hall Road

Wanstead

London

E11 2RQ

Opening times: Monday to Friday 0700 - 2300 Saturday 1000 -1800 closed Sunday

Woodford Police Station - 020 8478 1123

509 High Road

Woodford Green

Essex

IG8 0SR

Alternatively contact the Met Police direct:-

Complaints Dept.

Metropolitan Police Service

New Scotland Yard

Broadway

London

SW1H 0BG

No, please no!! I don't want to go back to Wanstead Police Station. Please..............................