The Rangers & Celtic thread.

JAStewart

No sure what a your obsseshun is we Rangers n Celtic. :lol: :lol:

I suppose if your a Hearts fan there's nothing else to speak aboot and your right a season to forget again for Hearts fans.

I just wish there wis a serious challenger to the old firm, like Hearts a couple o seasons ago when Scachel was knocking them in for fun.

This seasons been good because it wasnt guaranteed that Rangers and Celtic would win any game as tonight proved.

Is there any team that can give them a decent run for their money next season ?

What about Hearts, Marooned in Maywick ? or Dundee Utd. JAStewart ?

• Replies 832
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Obsseshun (sic)? Don't think so - just thought the Rangers and Celtic thread was the appropriate place to comment on a Rangers game that I watched - albeit only for an eye-watering 20 minutes.

Next season? Get yer ££ on Hearts (unlike Frankie who'll be crowing tonight :wink: ).

In a Del Boy style - next year, we're gonna be champions :lol: :lol:

Obsseshun (sic)? Don't think so - just thought the Rangers and Celtic thread was the appropriate place to comment on a Rangers game that I watched - albeit only for an eye-watering 20 minutes.:

Your having a laff. You've been rabbitting on about Rangers and Celtic on here for months. :lol: :lol:

Next season? Get yer ££ on Hearts (unlike Frankie who'll be crowing tonight :wink: ).

In a Del Boy style - next year, we're gonna be champions :lol: :lol:

Ihope there are 3 or 4 teams in contenshun right near the end o the season.

Your having a laff. You've been rabbitting on about Rangers and Celtic on here for months. :lol: :lol:

Only because they're the beneficiaries of many a baffling refereeing decision. (By baffling, you can assume that I mean the downright blatant cheatery from the corrupt band of incompetent officials that plague the Scottish game) :lol: :lol:

I hope there are 3 or 4 teams in contenshun right near the end o the season.

Stuff that - I hope we have it sewn up by my birthday :lol:

If, as rumoured, Mark McGee is coming to Hearts next season he must have been convinced by Vlad Romanov that he would be allowed to run the team without interference.

Do you think he can do a turn for you, MiM? He certainly has had Motherwell playing some decent stuff this year and has secured third spot in the league (which is virtually a moral SPL title anyway, given that the rest of the teams can't compete financially with C & R)

I'll not comment about McGhee yet (don't want to jinx it :lol: ) but with Frail leaving there's got to be someone not far away - and not some duffer from Vlad's pyramid.

I'm just scunnered that the Old Firm have looked nothing all that special the last couple of years and we've missed a golden opportunity to make something of it - other than the Cup in 2006.

A lot of folk will say (me included) that we would've won the league if we'd kept Burley, but deep down I'm not really so sure.

I don't think we had a squad big enough to make a sustained challenge - it was just the whirlwind start that really made that season. And even then we rode our luck a fair bit and were left hanging on in a few of those 8 wins-in-a-row games.

Anyhoo, as I've said...good riddance to this season...even if I did get to witness for the first time in ages one of our embarrassingly small number of home victories in the company of me dear ol' mum.

In theory the answer to that is yes, Moorit.

16 teams, home and away, less games overall but hopefully better attendances as you only have one chance to see each team at each ground.

In practice it means losing out on a extra visit from Rangers and Celtic each year which is quite financial hit for some clubs. Add to this the fact that we could struggle to have 16 suitable grounds for top league football and it makes things even harder.

I'd love it to be tried, at least for a couple of seasons as it would take a moment for the smaller teams to make use of their extra cash, and see how it worked out. I don't think it would make it any easier for other teams to challenge R&C but it should still make an interesting league.

At the moment there is a situation where supporters of non OF teams celebrate a victory against them as if they had won the league. What they seem to forget is that they will lose the next 3 games they play against that OF side. 1 win and 3 loses means 6 points behind. 1 win and 1 loss and you're even.

Despite it making the league more competetive, there's no way we'll have a 16 team SPL in the near future. It would be impossible to fetch a decent price for the TV rights.

Was at the game last night and although the match wasn't up to much in quality the atmosphere was cracking, the Dick Donald stand was jumping and the game flew by with the end-to-end action.

As for finishing fourth, pretty good acheivement considering the pish we've played this year and the "fatigue" from the Euro adventure.

Plus its always a bonus to put one over on the bluenoses!

Jag1984, I don't think you can praise the Rangers fans for clapping during the minutes applause for Tommy Burns. Any self respecting human being would have clapped whoever their allegiances belonged to.

Great performance from the Dons on Thursday night. Great to see our players stifling Rangers so called superstars such as Barry Ferguson. It just proves that playing football in the correct way wins in the end. I'm glad the Aberdeen fans reminded the travelling support which country they lived in with a rousing rendition of O Flower Of Scotland.