1. 1. should the AHS be built on the KNAB

• yes different design
    • no
    • yes existing design

• Replies 241
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i think they are going to build another? Why i dont know it works for aith and brae. Is the sports hall ect. that busy that they could not use it. it would cut millions from the building and make the school site smaller so extra cost would be reduced. the centres running costs would be shared with the school so they may even break even to. with that nice hill stick turbines up there and the cost would be reduced.

I think Skunnered is trying to say that it looks as if they (da cooncillors) are planning to use Clickimin as the PE teachers have been complaining about it.

A simple case if deduction. If the PE teachers hadn't been complaining then it is likely that they (da cooncillors) were planning to use the school for sports.

As the PE teachers are complaining it looks as if they (da cooncillors) are planning to use Clickimin.

I think.

^^

The AHS P.E. teachers were happy with the proposals for the P.E. department as shown on the plans for the new school at The Knab.

They do not think it suitable to share the use of Clickimin if the new school is sited at Clickimin.

Mind you they also think it would take longer to walk from a new school at Clickimin to the Clickimin Centre than it would to bus bairns from The Knab to Clickimin. :? Sounds like the excercise would do their pupils good if they are that slow. :wink:

Just to clarify, I get the impression from the article that if they build the school at lower Staney Hill then they would not include a games hall in the school because they could use the Clickimin Centre instead, hence the concern of the PE teachers who want to have control of all of the PE facilities in the school and not external. Now whether this is a genuine part of the plan or whether it is simply a fear of the PE teachers is not made clear in the article.

anyway, if they are not building a new PE games hall inside the new school, surely that should save a little amount of money? Oh well, maybe not!

^^ How did we ever survive the ordeal of walking all the way from the Knab to the old pool at the Hillhead and back again, week after week....wholly unsupervised. :P

How did S3/4 etc ever survive the ordeal of walking all the way from the Knab to the technical and navigation rooms at the Central and back again, week after week for years....wholly unsupervised.

Dis yung eens noo-a-daes, dey dunna ken dir boarn! :wink: :lol:

“ Me no understand good. :oops:

“(Though I'm not sure if you meant "a simple case if deduction". Could be that funny accent creeping in again, told you it would! Razz )â€

After the last 4 Moderator posts I feel as if :?: I have just awakened, and found the Moderators wrighting the next bad script for a Charlie Chan movie

^^

Skunnered, What part of ''the article'' gives you the impression that if they build the school at lower Staney Hill then they would not include a games hall in the school because they could use the Clickimin Centre instead ?

Was there a saving for this in the Cost Comparison Report ?

but thats just a waste. why for pity sake would you build a sports facility next to a high class sports facility. were not talking miles of walking and the cost savings would be large. again aith and brae are happy to use the sports centres why not lerwick to spoilt maybe. to think of the sports facility at my old school. they are very lucky.