US would attack, and could "obliterate" Iran

MJ

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not for Israel. Unless you know something I don't?

As far as they are concerned, it's about survival. Making sure that no Arab states get hold of nukes that fundamentalists might turn against them, while banking on their - or more likely their male population - enjoying all them virgins in paradise (perpetuated mistranslations are a terrible thing...) if things turn out poorly, or not quite as cleanly as planned.

Do you support secret missions to "enemy" countries to kill civilians?

Yes, if it stops a nuclear war between Israel and Iran.

What if it starts a war instead?

Then no.

And why are Israel's targeted killings of scientists somehow the start of the escalation? Iran didn’t have to instigate a nuclear weapons program, they can give full transparency to the IAEA whenever they like to show they are not currently developing weapons, they could even recognise and sign a peace treaty with Israel.

They should cooperate with the IAEA, and it will be interesting to see what comes from this latest visit. Do you think Israel should join the NPT and allow inspections of their facilities?

I don't know. Unless the redneck "Hawks" take back the White House. Y'know, the "Gawd is mah swoard an mah shield, boy! Nuke 'em till they glow!" brigade?

Even then, a war on three fronts, effectively a declaration of war on Islam (from a media skewed point of view that would maybe not too far off the mark with some of these good ol' boys), is still a bit beyond America, I think.

I hope...

With the U.S. having surrounded Iran with bases, and the way these things work, the bases become U.S. territory, an attack in theory could be launched from U.S. soil. I worry that this could jeopardise any future talks with the Taliban.

Having the bomb could be a problem, if you actually have the device, I just wondered how far would this go, Israel are not known for being subtle.

There would have to be absolute proof I would hope. The Americans have been bugging Iran for years, I have heard tales of false bricks in buildings and other devices.

Are we being told what we need to hear or the truth?

How far?

Hello, Twelve Mile Island II! "Tragic meltdown kills hundreds of incompetent Iranian nuke scientists!" - from The Sun, 201?... and I aint kidding. Proving it will be a whole other ball game, though.

As for America bugging Iran, yeah I hear Ahmadinejad hates Obama's folksy ways and dapper dress sense...

Gimme a break. The Yanks can barely put a satellite into space these days. Fake bricks in buildings? A bloody FM radio will pick up something like that, and with all that gold they're making, I'm sure they can buy some tech from their Chinese chums that would find a whole lot more. :roll:

They should cooperate with the IAEA, and it will be interesting to see what comes from this latest visit. Do you think Israel should join the NPT and allow inspections of their facilities?

The problem is, if they are building a bomb then they can't cooperate with the IAEA without running the risk of action from the US and a large part of the world in support. So if they are building nuclear weapons then cooperating with the IAEA is a great way to escalate the tension towards war. More terrifying than interesting I would say!

Your suggestion that cooperation with them is a good thing only holds if you assume there is no nuclear weapons program to be reported on.

Yes Israel should be part of NPT in my opinion.