Kebab?

Mcdilly-Willy

Anyone been in the kebab shop / remember being in the kebab shop lately? :wink:

[***MOD EDIT - Defamatory content removed***]. I was in there the other weekend, and the guy was shouting and slamming his fist on the counter at a punter.

The glass cabinet was smashed, kind of sweeped up, blood on the floor.

He accused me and a friend of mine of stealing juice while we were still in the shop? eh? :?:

And apparently after we left, [***MOD EDIT - Defamatory content removed***] I mean I'm no detective but... :idea: this guy obviously hasnt studied law, in the UK anyways'...

Needless to say I won't be going back...

[***MOD EDIT - Unsubstantiated hearsay and speculation of a defamatory type removed in accordance with the forum T&Cs***]

with some of the racist comments i have seen him put up with im not surprised he exploded like that.

and i happen to think his kebabs are some of the best i have ever had.. all though ive not been for a month or 2

I wasn’t aware of any racist comments at all that night, so there is absolutely no excuse.

Even if he had been verbally abused, there is no excuse for that, I'm sorry but locking in (taking prisoner) your customers is illegal, end of.

The man's a fool, I'm surprised he didn't get into any trouble with the punters for locking them in; I know I wouldn't have stood for it...

Kebabs are generally quite horrible... I made the mistake of eating one the day after - bleh...

There's two sides to every story McDilly and from your account i'm not convinced you were there during the actual incident. Yes, the owner got in a major strop about his smashed counter because the customer dislodged the glass, causing it to smash on the floor and injure his friend, for no good reason. The owner stopped the people involved from leaving, but not anyone else and the police were there in minutes and i really can't believe that they left again to allow the owner to lock in people for hours??? Seriously?

You account is very different to mine, and i'm not in any ways defending the owner. My food was fair-to-middling, not as good as previous purchase but i still ate it all.

Also, even though i have no regard for the shop or it's owner, from a moderatory point of view i'm aggravated by your comments and not sure if we can allow you to declare the man "a fool", with no apparent grounds for doing so, in such a defamatory manner.(Especially when the police were there during what you claimed was a locking in period). Does this account really revolve around your claim that he accused you of stealing?. Any justification before it becomes a moderatory issue?

^ :oops:

It's my word and i like it, and you'll never take it away from me. Mine, i Tell you!

Look out for new releases out soon like the exciting "moderationality", or how about trying "pro-active-moderation" (proactmod for short) or how about moderation-mediation (mod-med) but my personal would have to be linguomoderatorialdemarkationality.

I always win at scrabble, when i make the rules up.

Kebabs etc....

A moderatory issue?. Wow! I think Shetlink has come up with a new word. Back on topic I thought the kebabs were good before I gave up eating meat. In fact missing out on the kebabs is a downside of being veggie.

I took a veggie into the kebabery and she had a very acceptable vegetarian kebab.

You should also try their saksuka (an aubergine meze number) - absolutely fantastic. I would take that home in a bucket and eat it all the next day, if I could! Hot or cold. The best!

I had a kebab for tea on Sunday. I really like their kebabs - much better than many I've had south. They also have those green chillis, not everyone has them.

Hmm, if tea isn't good I could be tempted to go fetch a kebab...

Njugle as you'll notice, I wasn't there during said incident.

And apparently after we left, he

...hence apparently...:idea:

I was told this had happened by an APPARENTLY trust worthy source...

My feelings on the man and his food remain...

Now go shake your moderatory stick at someone else :wink:

I have to say that the kebabs served in there are every bit as good as the ones I ate while I lived in Turkey so whether folk over here like them or not, they are prepared in the traditional way...

On the topic of the owner's behaviour...he has always been lovely to me and I now he has had a really hard time from a few people since he's been here. I don't think he is in anyway a "fool". The very fact he runs 2 successful businesses despite the fact his English is not fluent I think makes him far from foolish.

B

My daughter popped in yesterday between performances. She said the kebab had improved seen the last time she was in, but not up to best "grec" standards, she knows her kebabs, and through the mosque most of the decent kebab eateries in the Northeast.

What impressed her most was that he showed concern that they weren't in school, and he was interested in what they had to say, a good way to build up loyal customer base.

Needless to say she can't wait to get south for a real kebab

Ive always been a Kebab fan and they were a staple part of the enjoyment of any trip to the mainland.

I've had quite a few from harbour street over the winter (my reward for trying to eat otherwise healthy) and they have all been excellent, especially the sauces and pitta's.

Having recently been to glasgow and edinburgh, and having had one in each, i can safely say i cant wait to get one back home! What i used to think was excellent simply didnt match up.

I can also vouch for the friendliness of the staff, which adds a lot to the experience of any outlet where waiting is enevitable (the wife always wants a pizza - which also get top marks apperantly!) :)

Hungry now....

• 1 month later...

I have frequented the mentioned eatery a few times now and would urge customers to be wary. Whilst I believe that many have had good customer service and quality of food, I have noticed something worrying during my visits. A few months ago I went in and the owners were arguing vehemently to a female customer as they claimed she had not paid for her order which came to around £20. The girl appeared very honest and fought her corner stressing that she had indeed paid for her order. I found the girl's case even more believable due to the fact staff take the money from you at the time of the order being placed. The man reluctantly agreed to let the girl leave with her order.

A few weeks later I went in late on a Saturday night and placed a small order. Having given the man £20 as payment I was concerned when I only got change for £10. I had to stand my ground for a little while before I was eventually given my correct change.

I don't know if these two incidents are coincidence, but I would urge customers to be aware.