Kids in weddings?

MJ

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/magazine/7494823.stm

A couple are complaining to the Church of England after their noisy toddler was ordered out of their wedding. But more and more couples are banning children altogether... risking the wrath of family and friends as they do.

All brides want their wedding day to be perfect - no rain, no family rows and no spots.

But what about noisy kids? While some believe youngsters add to the happiness of the occasion, others envision wedding vows drowned out by screams.

A vicar took a dim view of a toddler at a wedding service in Staffordshire and ordered his removal from the church. But it wasn't any old toddler, he was the son of the bride and groom, who have complained to the Church of England.

Recently attended one wedding where at one point there seemed to be more kids than adults. It was lovely.

If your bride to be doesn't want kids to spoil her "perfect" wedding then she ain't going to want kids to spoil her "perfect" house, job or social life

"It's definitely become more prevalent. We do more than 200 weddings a year and the last seven were all saying 'no children'. I think it's because children are more disruptive than they used to be and brides are worried they will ruin their day."

Recently attended one wedding where at one point there seemed to be more kids than adults. It was lovely.

If your bride to be doesn't want kids to spoil her "perfect" wedding then she ain't going to want kids to spoil her "perfect" house, job or social life

Shetland weddings are amongst the best in the world and as far as the UK is concerned THE BEST.. Thumbs up to MJ.

The way Shetlanders get stuck in to the Hennie/Stag nights are to be proud of.

I can drive through the toon on a Saturday afternoon and if i see a group of guys dressed as Disney characters and lasses dressed as St Trinians pupils, i just wish i had an invite to the wedding.

Personally the "official [kirk/registrar]bit " of the wedding should be the part of the day that is uninterrupted and bairns should be encouraged to be there, but not allowed to, take over.

And if they are too young to know that they can't "kick off" then there should be someone ready to take them out if they do ..

There should be compulsory babies at weddings, so the likes of me who find the whole church wedding thing tedious can offer to take screaming baby outside! :D :D I am happy to spend the time outside placating a screaming baby or distracting a toddler.

Swines that they are,.... my brother in law press ganged me into going to some religious thing and they employed an army of little old ladies to take the babies and toddlers into another room, leaving me to sit through 2.5 hours of happy clapping! :( :(