Ex Chief Exec - Dave Clark

Twerto

This thread is getting really sad and vindictive.

Maybe the man made mistakes, more likely the council made mistakes.

It's done and over, Shetlinkers have done it to death. Just let it die and give the man peace to rebuild his life after having suffered the horror of trying to make sense of the SIC.

This tread is only updating the info that has just been concluded after the investigations by the audit commission. :roll:

• Replies 2.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Anonymous

^

I was replying to zetlander,,,,, but a few quick posters sneaked in between

--------

:roll:

It's been said. Everything has been said.

Absolutely no amount of regurgitation of this topic on Shetlink is going to make a slightest difference to the facts, or what has happened.

To maybe make a point here about somebody like DC.

He's never been a popular person in Shetland, and neither am I, because I tend to stick up for the underdog, which DC is. The only thing wrong with the guy is that he made the mistake of coming to Shetland. Whereas I made the sensible decision to leave the place.

Part of my reason for feeling a bit of empathy for the guy is that he has moved to Shetland, found a new partner, and is enjoying his life, even if he has 250k of public money in his pocket.

Moving to a new life, with a new partner, is something I know all about. But, unlike Shetland, Norway welcomes incomers.

Lord knows, I'm so happy to be in Norway. :D

Guest Anonymous
^^ For £2k a week I'd not only deal with the devil, I'd sell him my soul. :wink:

No. I think I'd hold out for 50,000 Kroner a week. But that's just to keep in line with the local union demands. :wink:

^^ For £2k a week I'd not only deal with the devil, I'd sell him my soul. :wink:

No. I think I'd hold out for 50,000 Kroner a week. But that's just to keep in line with the local union demands. :wink:

Bit, I canna duh dat, Im no a Union man, never have been.

Ey tocht dir dues wir a waste o'money, bit if hit means ower 150% better wages, I doot Im been rang. :(

Guest Anonymous

Bit, I canna duh dat, Im no a Union man, never have been.

Ey tocht dir dues wir a waste o'money, bit if hit means ower 150% better wages, I doot Im been rang. :(

Na, du's no been wrang. 50,000 Kroner buys aboot twice whit £2000 can buy. Bit da unions here live atil a dream world. Dir demandin da eart, an dey'll get awa wi it, atil Norwa gets a Maggie Thatcher. LOL

Can you point us in the direction of any significant action taken by Mr Clark since he arrived which indicates that he is likely to integrate and become a useful member of society here?

Lets not speak to soon. I myself am keenly waiting by the letter box for a check to arrive from Mr Clark, to cover me for my recent rent increases, as I'm sure non of us envy the time he must have spent in Tenerife; having to lie out in the sun and suffer the horror of knowing the extra financial burden he would be placing on so many because of his complete failure to do his job and still get a truck load of cash for it.

Perhaps we should have a whip round and sell a couple extra spare school buildings, to see if we can raise enough to get him a swimming pool or something for his new digs, to help ease the stress this must've all caused him.

I for one wish him every happiness with all the money since I wont be able to put the extra bit I'm now paying, towards savings for my family so someone might as well enjoy it.

So have a drink on me Clarkie; sod it, in fact just down the whole bottle, I'm sure there's plenty more where that one came from.

Weel aald ramsey lets tak a gud look at DC, his CV does not stand up to even the lightest of scrutiny. tak wan look at da man an tell me if du wid hire him ta wark fir de company, an den tell me dat du tinks dat sandy , caroline an wishart are actin in da best intrest o da shetland folk.

An den tell me dat da distrabution o millions o wir pounds tae a bunch o incompetant morons is gud fir wir island.an den tell me whit wye du tinks its no wirthy o discussin on shetlink. du dat an den I'll start reading de posts we a bit mair intrest

"Para Handy is a most profound contributor (see above)."

What a profound and well thought out statement!

Just what we need from our playground.

Auld Rasmie,

"I'm sick of Shetland, and absolutely sick of Shetlink."

It is a good thing that you don't live here then.

"This thread needs to be locked again. In fact, padlocked, shuttered, and boarded up. It's a waste of bytes."

So is contributing to a forum that you hate in a place which you hate.

Regards,

Rex.

Auld Rasmie yes his private life is just that. what he did in office is not. he has been declared a liar by government folks his conduct over sackings, drinking and threats have been condemned. if this was in isolation it could be lived with but its not.

its the entire council that stinks. the leaders had evidence that the guy lied and that they covered for him is very bothering. if they have done this for him what else have they covered up.

there does not seem to be any guilt from them about all the mistakes they are making. they have wasted millions and millions and not one of the has apologized.

now being in Norway you will not be affected as much when there balls up come home to rest. case in point how much have they spent on the tunnel ideas. and then we discover that they will lose the 60% grant and oh yes they can't charge for the use of it.

schools are being cut and other spending is being cut. so im sorry paying mr clark a penny is important it could equal 10 folks wages for a year or two. but its not just this its the council members they don't seem to have any sense were money or much else are concerned.