Rock, Salt & Nails - Andy Murray song for Wimbledon

Tomblands

http://www.thesun.co.uk/scotsol/homepage/news/2484877/Andy-Murray-fans-write-song-for-Wimbledon.html

MUSICAL Andy Murray fans have penned a patriotic SONG to spur the Scots tennis ace to glory at Wimbledon.

Paul Johnston, from band Rock, Salt and Nails, has written Volley Highway as a tribute to the world No 3.

And he has vowed to get the All England Club jumping — by belting it out on Wimbledon’s big-screen ‘Murray Mount’.

The Shetland rocker described the ditty as a cross between Runrig — and the Irn-Bru advert.

And he added tennis crowds will be left in no doubt where superstar Murray hails from.

He said: “We did it because we think he sometimes suffers from being seen as British.

“Murray’s Scottish and too often Scots go down south and lose their Scottish identity.

“It’s meant to be fun — we’re not claiming it’s Rabbie Burns.â€

Other lovers of the Dunblane player have backed the song.

One said: “I’d rather hear that at Wimbledon than Cliff Richard.â€

The song will be released on iTunes — and is also on YouTube.

And the song...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lVzmtPHBr8

• 2 weeks later...

As an RNS track, yep, its a bit grim, however thats not what its meant to be, and as a Scottish anthem for Andy Murray, its harmless and fun, and will maybe get RNS a bit more exposure to peddle thier own "wares" so no harm done..

(am amused at Johns kinda "wish i wis somewhar else" look in the video)

:D

This is clearly a subjective matter of taste, but...

As an RNS track, yep, its a bit grim, however thats not what its meant to be,

They are prominently using the RS&N name (rather than some kind of "ho ho what a lark" side project name) so I think it has to be considered an RS&N track.

... as a Scottish anthem for Andy Murray, its harmless and fun,

Debateable. I would actually consider anyone's attempt at combining the concepts of "Scottish anthem for Andy Murray" with "harmless and fun" to be an oxymoron.

... and will maybe get RNS a bit more exposure to peddle thier own "wares" so no harm done..

Again, I don't quite see that. More exposure for someone means less exposure for others. As I don't think much of RS&N this kind of material is, for me, harmful in several ways.

(am amused at Johns kinda "wish i wis somewhar else" look in the video)

He's not the only one ;-)