Going Digital

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^^

Well, in a sense you could perhaps class my TV aerial as an outdoor one - it is attached to my (non-) rotary dryer out in the back garden! I reckon it is the reason someone suggested to me - we are too close to the transmitter and at the bottom of the hill and hence in a "blind spot".

I can't afford a sat dish right now but it is amazing how little TV you watch when the reception is poo - I just catch up via the web players now and perhaps a couple of hours a week on the actual telly.

I might give the transmitter bods a buzz to complain, argue for a refund on said TV licence (ha, no chance) and enquire as to when our transmitter is going digital and whether or not they anticipate we will have the same problems as at the moment. Mind you, I can't say I'm missing Channel 5. :wink:

Sat minidishes and LNB's are quite cheap and you can get "sky" digiboxes from E-bay for around £30.00 when you are able to afford it.

If you can get your antenna as high as possible, it will improve your chances of gettng a signal. Line if sight would be best...

Don't fall into the trap of buying a "digital antenna" in this instance there is no such thing..

You can also improve your chances with an antenna amplifier, less than 10 pounds...

We could not get BBC2 in Lerwick on some days so, not an exact science...

Satelite is ok but I have seen many rusted dishes on walls, and it would be an ongoing cost if you had to replace your dish every few years..

I will send you a pm unlinked....