Royal Mail

GypsyScy

Taken from the Royal Mail website:

"When you use Special Delivery™ Next Day you can claim compensation up to £500 or the value of the item, whichever is the lower. If the item is more valuable you can buy additional compensation cover up to £2,500.

You can claim compensation for late delivery in writing within 14 days of posting. Remember to include your proof of purchase receipt.

You can also claim compensation for loss or damage in writing within 12 months of posting, as long as you include your proof of purchase receipt."

See this page for details of how to claim compensation:

http://www.royalmail.com/portal/rm/customerservice2?catId=69800733&mediaId=78000733

HTH

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've never had a problem we royal mail at all.

I often use special delivery to send my stuff and nearly every I order I ask if they can use special delivery to get it to me.

I order a lot of stuff from Jersey and even from there I get it next day!!! Insanity I say.

Even with standard parcels things seem t get around pretty quick.

Recorded delivery can also mean next day for a lot of stuff ;)

Always mind that with special delivery if they're late they owe you your money back.

We got stuff today that was posted yesterday and got everything else that was posted this week but still no sign of the two items we are waiting on the was posted on the 7th!! One was coming from the south west tip of England and the other from the west midlands! Still have another 10 working days to wait before anything can be refunded.

When South I've sat in the car waiting in the street for folk to 'git dir toast an git in da car' and seen possibly the fattest wobbliest future heart attack victim banging post into a postbox as fast as his fat flabby arms could!

I was totally incredulous to this fat man humping post out of his postbag and straight back into a box 'on his run' I was unable to even contemplate what to do!

Looking back on this situation - his fat flaaby body has disturbed me somewhat! :shock:

trout on behalf of the fat flabby people of the world thats offensive. being fat does not equal lazy. if this person was not doing his job properly im sure there were a lot of thin skinny bags of bones doing the same. but hey hes fat so he is bad. i would have thought a mod would know better.

oh paulb :roll:

Whether he was faat and flabby or a rake of a man - he was clearly the cause of some very late mail on that run... the indication of disturbance was solely against this man; both his girth and his actions, not against you nor you "on behalf of the fat flabby people" of this world, nor was it against other rotund persons!

When South I've sat in the car waiting in the street for folk to 'git dir toast an git in da car' and seen possibly the fattest wobbliest future heart attack victim banging post into a postbox as fast as his fat flabby arms could!

I was totally incredulous to this fat man humping post out of his postbag and straight back into a box 'on his run' I was unable to even contemplate what to do!

Looking back on this situation - his fat flaaby body has disturbed me somewhat! :shock:

Was the man white or black? It’s just with the remark about bulimia challenged persons, its just as bad as any racist remarks about people who don’t look the same. That’s what Hitler was all about as well.

So if it had been a fat black postman?

Then one could have expiated the following from you

The mail was late because the fat black mans canoe had sunk

“pokey pokey poke .. hehehe poke poke ... wobbleâ€

What about smokers and drunks is there any one else who cant live up to you view of the perfect specimen. How about fisherman after all they catch a lot of trout

paul, I think it was a personal observation, not a social comment on all folk who battle with gravity.

It is common knowledge that obesity COULD cause harm, yet folk still do it.

So offensive observations are okay if they're personal observations? While I deplore the actions of the individual slowing the royal mail it should have been enough to comment that a Royal Mail employee did this, NOT that a fat person did.

I ordered a book the other day, it was so over packed it was to fat to fit into the letter box, so the poor guy had to carry it back.

I have noticed that we dont get somany letters....

But, they are only bills, can pay them online...

What about the private TNT contracts, where they have taken over part of the Royal Mail network..

Does this mean that the privateers are also being held up??

• 4 weeks later...

It always puzzled me if folk really were sending less mail, why the blank do I seem to get so much of the stuff.

The only thing that can be said for this strike is that my second class mail fae south is arriving faster than the norm. 3 items dispatched on thursday, arrived on sat.

One point from Roy Mayll's blog is the question of all these companies undercutting Royal Mail for delivering bulk mail and then getting Royal Mail to deliver while TNT or whoever make the profit. Surely there is a simple answer to this. Just increase the price Royal Mail charges these companies to a level where Royal Mail makes a profit rather than delivering at a loss.